219007 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Craig, Missouri (Air Miles)
Squaw Creek Plaza
February 2010

question  yes
question  yes
February 2010
[Admin Note: January 2014--It has been reported that this park is currently closed but may reopen. Please check with the park before attempting to stay there.] Nice park. There is about a foot of snow on ground, but the park was open. We had a choice of two sites. Campground host was very nice. No bathhouse available due to winter months. Site was level. No cell phone or TV signal. 12 miles from the interstate via good roads. Not much more to say, given the weather. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
June 2006
As is typical of Missouri state parks, the campground and sites were excellent. The shower and restroom facilities were adequate, but in a little need of repair. Swimming pool was large, clean, and had both a shallow play area for kids and a deep area for grown-ups. I would stay here again. We camped here in a Tent Trailer.
June 2009

June 2009
I had just crossed the Missouri State Line on Interstate 90 and there were NO RV parks in sight for miles, according to any source that I had. I just randomly took an exit, hoping to find SOMETHING. I weasled around, and ended up in Craig, MO. Oh my, a sign! Outback RV Park, 2 blocks away! I drove to it. Oh my. Seven spaces on grass near an alley behind the buildings on main street. I saw some local towns people, so I inquired as to whether I would be safe. I was assured that I would be safe. I called the "after hours" phone number on the sign, only to get voice mail. I left a message that I was there, and I would pay if they found me. I finally located the owner at a local community fish fry (which I attended) that happened to be occurring that night. I paid, and he told me he didn't have any receipts. If you arrive during the day, you pay at the local hardware store. Now, for what you get. Park has 30 amp and 50 amp, and sewer. There is only one water faucet, a community one. That's pretty much it. I wouldn't enter the park from the street, there is a slight rut along the street. I would go into the alley and drive anywhere on the grass from the alley. (This might be cumbersome if you have a toad.) The park can accommodate big rigs, but it might be cumbersome having to come through the alley. The neighbors next to the RV park have a barky dog that you may have to put up with, and trains do shake the ground. But for $15 (price as of this writing), you can put up with this for one night. Warning, I did get some occasional power surges on 30 amp. Also, the town loves their fire bell, it goes off at 6:00 PM and 7:00 AM. Verizon Air Card barely worked. We camped here in a Motorhome.