206704 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Danville, Missouri (Air Miles)
Lazy Day
Missouri
Danville
Lazy Day Campground
2013-08-22 22:20:23
Danville, Missouri

question  no  question  question  no  question  question  question  no  question
Hosts are very friendly. Nice little park only 1 mile from I-70 exit 170 and 1 mile from Graham Cave State Park. We had some minor trouble with the sewer hookup on our space as it would fill up easily when dumping grey water but overall a nice stay. We stayed 2 days. This park is very quiet. There are about a dozen seasonal permanent RV's there, but all in nice condition. The hosts don't put up with any excess noise. We will stay there again. The pool was nice, but no major features beyond that. Wi-Fi worked but was kinda slow which is not unusual in such a rural location. The only complaint I have is that the spaces are close to together but the hosts seems to space people apart when possible. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
All I can say is FILTHY. The showers at the so-called bath house do not work. You get a trickle of water and the spider webs and bugs in the shower stalls are horrendous. The laundry facility is old and the washers are rusty and filthy while the dryers must be run twice to get clothes close to dry. The pool area is dangerous. Water is too shallow for depth marked and the wooden walkway is uneven, falling apart and just a huge accident waiting to happen. The roads wash away in a light rain because the gravel is to lightweight for its intended purpose of a road. The pond is nothing but a snake infested pit. The sewer and leech pond is an absolute EPA hazard. I suppose there was a sewer line break because that is all I could smell and upon walking the so-called hiking trail around the RV park I found the problem. The electrical lines are not buried and are exposed to not only the elements of weather and wear and tear, but also CHILDREN! After talking to other campers here it was not a recent problem just part of the lazy staff not keeping up with the problems of the park. Speaking of the staff, the lady at the front desk is not only a gossip, but, a lazy mean spirited person. My daughter was kicked out of the camp store when I asked her to go in to buy me a soda while I was busy. She was told to hurry because the store was closing, and this was in the middle of the day mind you. Kid friendly, I don't think so. Pet Friendly, I don't think so. Clean? Nope. Camping activities? The website says there are organized gatherings but I was not informed of any nor did I see any sign of them. Outdated metal playground equipment and no real place to run your animals. The price was cheap and I can see why. I will be reporting my finding about the sewer and electrical problems to the EPA and working on getting notice to those who stay there that it is not safe. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
We were traveling through trying to locate a campground on the 4th of July weekend and this was the only game that had sites available. It's a decent stopover place, but that's about it. Pool was very nice and clean. Access roads are tight and there are a lot of seasonal campsites, so sites for travelers are limited. Ours was extremely unlevel and was mostly fine gravel and dirt. Hookups worked fine, but it was not a place I'd want to spend much more than an overnight. Staff was very friendly and helpful and it's located close to the interstate, but no road noise. The sites just need some work. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Kan-Do Campground & RV Park

question  question  yes  question  yes  question  question  question  yes  yes
question  question  yes  question  question  question  question  question  yes  yes
Wonderful park. Meticulously cared for grounds. Lots of trees and flowers. Level large gravel lots. Nice swimming pool. The largest fenced dog park we have ever seen in a campground. Rate reflects Escapees discount for 30 amp service. We stayed here one night. Strongly recommend this park. We camped here in a Motorhome.
This is a great stopover on route to wherever. We managed to ride a bike on the Katy Trail by arriving here early afternoon. The sites are good sized, level and have great Wi-Fi. No reason to be concerned about no cable. All networks are available on antenna with super reception. You might call ahead as we saw rigs turned away later in the evening. It was full. We would definitely make a return visit. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Well maintained roads. Sites were a little too close together for my taste but the place was beautiful with lots to do. Great pool, dog park, and play area. Had a nice place for group activities. I will be staying here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Lazy Day Campground