219007 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Danville, Missouri (Air Miles)
Lazy Day
Missouri
Danville
Lazy Day Campground
2014-08-20 01:31:52
Danville, Missouri

yes  question  no  question  question  no  question  question  question  no
yes  question  no  question  question  no  question  question  question  no
We spent on night here on our way west. Friendly and helpful staff. The bath house could use some updating/repair. If you want a level site, do not chose one with shade. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Hosts are very friendly. Nice little park only 1 mile from I-70 exit 170 and 1 mile from Graham Cave State Park. We had some minor trouble with the sewer hookup on our space as it would fill up easily when dumping grey water but overall a nice stay. We stayed 2 days. This park is very quiet. There are about a dozen seasonal permanent RV's there, but all in nice condition. The hosts don't put up with any excess noise. We will stay there again. The pool was nice, but no major features beyond that. Wi-Fi worked but was kinda slow which is not unusual in such a rural location. The only complaint I have is that the spaces are close to together but the hosts seems to space people apart when possible. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
All I can say is FILTHY. The showers at the so-called bath house do not work. You get a trickle of water and the spider webs and bugs in the shower stalls are horrendous. The laundry facility is old and the washers are rusty and filthy while the dryers must be run twice to get clothes close to dry. The pool area is dangerous. Water is too shallow for depth marked and the wooden walkway is uneven, falling apart and just a huge accident waiting to happen. The roads wash away in a light rain because the gravel is to lightweight for its intended purpose of a road. The pond is nothing but a snake infested pit. The sewer and leech pond is an absolute EPA hazard. I suppose there was a sewer line break because that is all I could smell and upon walking the so-called hiking trail around the RV park I found the problem. The electrical lines are not buried and are exposed to not only the elements of weather and wear and tear, but also CHILDREN! After talking to other campers here it was not a recent problem just part of the lazy staff not keeping up with the problems of the park. Speaking of the staff, the lady at the front desk is not only a gossip, but, a lazy mean spirited person. My daughter was kicked out of the camp store when I asked her to go in to buy me a soda while I was busy. She was told to hurry because the store was closing, and this was in the middle of the day mind you. Kid friendly, I don't think so. Pet Friendly, I don't think so. Clean? Nope. Camping activities? The website says there are organized gatherings but I was not informed of any nor did I see any sign of them. Outdated metal playground equipment and no real place to run your animals. The price was cheap and I can see why. I will be reporting my finding about the sewer and electrical problems to the EPA and working on getting notice to those who stay there that it is not safe. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Kan-Do Campground & RV Park

question  question  question  question  question  yes  question  yes  question  question
question  question  question  question  question  yes  question  question  question  question
We spent one night at this wonderfully maintained park that has level gravel sites. The fenced in dog area is great. The pool looked inviting. The rate reflects a Good Sam discount for a site with water and electric. We visited the weekend of the County Thresher Fair and had a good time at that as well. I'd definitely stay there again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Clean park. Even the gravel looks clean! Small but nice (and clean!) pool. Friendly and quick check-in. Good stop along I-70 away from busy areas. Would stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Park is near I-70, but far enough away that there was no highway noise. Nice fenced dog run. Clean park, many seasonal, quiet residents. Wi-Fi weak, but worked most of the time. Roads in the park are all gravel and dusty. Though the park was largely empty we were sandwiched between two trailers blocking their views and unnecessarily crowding two neighbors that were there for the week. Most of the sites are quite narrow and our one slide out was almost on top of the next door neighbor’s picnic table. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Lazy Day Campground