Nearby Kingdom City, Missouri (Air Miles)
Petro
2013-10-08 10:11:42
Kingdom City, Missouri
October 2013

5   8   2   8   7   1
question  yes  no  yes  yes  no
question  yes  no  question  yes  question
October 2013
This campground is on a very rough gravel road, and it is about 2 miles to the entrance. The place is heavily forested and the roads are narrow and hard to maneuver through. The site I had was a pull thru and was in ample size to contain both my rig and toad. The site was fairly level, gravel, and the hook ups were quite a ways from my coach. The owner guided me thru the campground to my spot. Electric amperage and water pressure were good. I would not stay in the place again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
August 2012
Had a awesome weekend here. It was on Labor Day weekend. What I found out is that the campground has actives on holiday weekends. We play bingo, there was a band one night playing music and a DJ another night. Had horse shoes, washer and fishing tournaments. Tons of stuff for the kids to do also. All was free with you stay. There is cable TV and wireless internet at the club house only. Very friendly people. We will be back. They also give you info on other events that will be going on here. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
September 2010
Rustic defines this campground. It is miles away from I-70 on a gravel road. Supposedly, you can avoid the gravel but I did not see a route on the map or my GPS. It has new managers, but I don't think they have a clue how to run the campground. The pool was not clean and the hot tub was very old and I would not subject my body to that at any price. Unless they are maintained and kept hot enough, some really nasty bugs develop in hot tubs. I know from personal experience. The sewer line of my site extended horizontally to the ground with no way to properly seal my sewer pipe so it would not leak. When we dumped (grey only), water spewed out on the ground. AND, it was new sewer pipe too, indicating unskilled and unknowledgeable installation. It was quiet and the site was level gravel. But, I could see a lot of sites close to us and if they got busy, it would not be quiet at all. Pass on this park and find a State Campground if you want quiet and rustic. OH: the showers were a disaster. My wife wanted to wash her hair and found NO hot water AND water savers that barely provided any water for showering. No, we'll definitely NOT return to this park. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Hanson Hills Campground