Nearby Perryville, Missouri (Air Miles)
1750 S Perryville
Hwy 150/2206 State St
Missouri
Perryville
Perryville Campground
2014-07-10 18:45:22
Perryville, Missouri

question  question  question  yes  yes  question  yes  question  question  question
This is a hard park to rate. We made reservations and they checked us in quickly. We got a site in among tall trees so it was nice and shady, but our satellite TV did not work. Adding cable TV would be a huge plus. The electric, water, and sewer hookups all worked as they should. Our site was level and there is a concrete pad and picnic table to use. We were here mid week so it wasn't at all crowded. However, if the park was full we would have hated it as the sites are very close together. The layout of some sites has you back to back or front to front with your neighbor (probably so they only had to bring one line of utilities in for each pair of sites) so there would be no privacy. If you are a family with kids, they have a pool and at least five bounce house/playground/water slide type entertainments. We did go on the 4.4 mile hike around the lake, and it was very nice. You can hear the road noise constantly, but it wasn't so loud that it kept us awake at night. The WiFi worked, but it was very slow. The price is very reasonable though. For us, we would only use it as an overnight stop, not a destination. We camped here in a Motorhome.
I want to preface this with the fact that my wife and I have stayed here before and really liked it. That is why we wanted to go back. Be forwarned. I called to make a reservation in Jan. and got a phone message that stated that no reservations were necessary just come in. I checked again in March and got the same phone message as did my friend who was travelling with us. While on our trip my wife called again the day before we were to arrive and she got the same message. As we were pulling into the park we saw a young woman leave the office. There was an open sign on the door but, the door was locked. A salesman from their RV lot came over and opened the door for us. He then tried to locate someone to help us. Another young lady showed up and told us that there was only one 50 amp site available. There were two of us and we both needed 50 amp. The salesman again tried to help us by getting someone else. There was no doubt that this person was not happy to be helping us. And then to add insult to injury we saw her working off a reservation list. When asked about this she did not respond. I suggested that maybe they should have a real person answer their phone. We will not try to stay here again. Nothing like the last time we stayed. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
November 2013
Not satellite friendly and no cable. Weird about dogs and we were the only ones in camp!! It's off our list. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Perryville Campground