Nearby Platte City, Missouri (Air Miles)
Basswood Country Rv
3450 S 4Th Trafficway
Park College
7207 N M-1 Hwy
Premier Coach Services
Argosy 777 Nw Argosy Pkwy. Riverside Mo 64150 816-746-3100 (Located To Block)
Sams Club?I-29:1C 5110 N Oak Trafficway (Located To Block)
Cascone's
Missouri
Platte City
Basswood Resort
2014-10-29 16:43:51
Platte City, Missouri
October 2014

yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  yes
yes  yes  yes  yes  no  question  yes  yes  yes  yes
October 2014
Our stay did not start well. I had made a reservation on September 23rd for a six-night stay starting on October 2nd. On October 1st (the day before our stay was to begin) I received a phone call from the campground. They said that when I made my reservation they “forgot” to tell me that it was NASCAR weekend, which is considered a holiday weekend. Not only were the rates higher for that weekend but also I had to pay the full amount in advance. In actuality, I had made my reservations through Book Your Site, so I suspect the rate mistake was due to them. We were assigned site number 223, which is to the right after you enter. According to the brochure these are considered “deluxe RV sites.” We were given an escort to our site. The road into the area is gravel and the sites are also gravel with a lot of mud. As we approached our site, we found a pickup truck parked in it. After about a half-hour wait, the owner showed up and was apologetic as he moved the truck. As we were waiting our neighbors from both sides had come out and they were nice enough to help me back into the space. Due to the narrow road, it was quite an adventure. The mud was so bad from recent flooding that our jack pads were sinking. I think we would have been in real trouble if we didn’t have the pads. There was quite a drop-off behind our site and there was nothing (like a railroad tie or concrete blocks) to block us from the drop-off. As we were exploring the campground, we saw several nice concrete sites that were empty. While in the office I told them that we were quite disappointed with our site and asked about the empty sites we saw. They said they would not accommodate our rig. I still believe those concrete sites are long enough for our rig. The campground did have an abundance of trees and shade. The bathrooms, showers and laundry room were very clean. Both the Wi-Fi and cable worked well. We didn’t have any kids with us but the playgrounds looked nice. There were also basketball courts, tetherball, shuffleboard, and horseshoes. We actually saw some in the ponds but we didn’t have time for any fishing. The country store had snacks, a limited selection of canned goods, and beer and liquor. They also had some camping supplies and souvenirs. There were only two trash bins. The one closest to our site was by the office, which was quite a walk. The second was close to sites 75 through 120. There were some “street lights” throughout the campground but several were not working. I’m not sure I will stay there again. Since there aren’t too many campsites in the Kansas City area I may but if I do, I want to make sure I get one of the better sites. The rate listed reflects the average of three nights at the NASCAR rate and three nights at the Good Sam rate. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
September 2014
The staff was friendly and helpful. The cable was a good connection, but from our site the wifi was not good. The sites are level with easy pull through and wide paved roads. There is a nice store that is fully stocked. The rest rooms were clean. Our rate was for PA, normal rate of $44 is too expensive for this park. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
September 2014
We used this park as an overnight stop. Although it is five miles from I-29 we had no problem finding it with the directions provided by the campground. We were greeted by a friendly staff member and escorted to our site, which was long and level, allowing us to stay hooked-up for an easy early morning departure. The bathrooms and showers were clean and inviting. Wi-Fi did not work at our site but better reception is possible near the office. They have a well-stocked convenience store which has a bigger than average RV section as well as wine and liquor, gifts, food essentials, and a large toy area. In addition, for an extremely reasonable price they make pizza and deliver it to your site -- a feature we appreciated and took advantage of, enjoying it thoroughly. We stayed using the Passport America rate. Our rig is 33' long. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Basswood Resort