220931 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Forsyth, Montana (Air Miles)
Nothing Nearby
Montana
Forsyth
Rosebud East
2013-09-19 08:48:17
Forsyth, Montana

yes  question
no  question
When we arrived I had difficulty avoiding low hanging branches. Talked with the park ranger and two days later they are clearing the offending branches (and a lot more). There is one (1) site with 50/30/20 amp pedestal (site #6). All others have no electric. Park ranger closes the gate at night and provides key for emergency use. Noted frequent sheriff patrols through the park. Nightly rate of $17 is for the electric site (additional $5 per night). As noted in other review(s) rates vary between $3.50 (resident senior/disabled) to $12. We camped here in a Motorhome.
August 2007
This park is described in different guides and on different signs as either a Fishing Access Site, State Recreation Area, or State Park. It is located on the north side of I-94 and there are good signs pointing the way. It is at the end of 15th Avenue at the Yellowstone River. There is a day use area and boat ramp on the river. The water was visible and audible from our campsite. Interior roads are gravel, sites are large and well separated, and there are many large pull throughs suited for big rigs although official descriptions suggest a 25 foot limit. There are tables and fire rings at each site although open fires in Montana have been prohibited for several years because of drought and wildfires. There are pit toilets. Some sites have all weather water faucets while others have no water. There are large trees and lots of shade. We arrived on a Saturday afternoon in August; less than 6 sites filled. The rate varies from $12 for non-residents to $3.50 for senior residents holding fishing licenses. Although it lacks amenities, it is a very nice park and we would stay here again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
July 2012

5   5   7   7
yes  question  question  question
yes  question  question  question
July 2012
I have three "pluses" for this park. 1. Safe. 2. Good Free Wi-fi. 3. Actually get network digital TV stations over the air. Other than that, not much else to say. Nothing to look at here. Just a cheap overnight stop. Sites are grassy. The Pull-throughs are "side by side." If you get the odd numbered pull-through, all of your connections (W/E/S) will be on the correct side. If you get an even numbered pull through, well, depending on which way you decide to go (can go either way), you will have to choose whether you want the water and electric on the "wrong" side or the sewer on the "wrong" side. Sites are kind of close together. The back ins have more room for awnings, but no shade. The shade, if you can call it that, is mostly on the pull-throughs. The trees get in the way so you cannot put your awning out. The restrooms and showers are kind of old, but the building was amazingly clean despite being old. No laundry. Cash or check only, no credit cards. No Good Sam discount or other discount. We camped here in a Motorhome.
July 2011
When I called, I got this crusty old guy. Can I make a reservation? “I don’t do that s***.” I should be there in about an hour. “You better get you’re a** in here.” When we checked in, woman was very cordial. PT site was shaded, not at all level. Our Verizon was fairly good. No TV reception. Crumbly interior paved roads. Needs a lot of work. Barely worth the $25 we paid. Next time, we’ll stay in Miles City. We camped here in a Motorhome.
October 2010
We have stayed here before and very little changes. Owner is very laid back, as is the park. He told me to pick a pull through site, as five of them were empty. Site 10 is now big rig friendly, as I borrowed his saw and a ladder and trimmed a huge pile of overhanging branches that restricted access or could scratch a rig. I got a clear satellite signal from my front mounted dish and Verizon was good. Sewer is on the driver's side of the site with water and electric being on the opposite side on some of the sites. Long pull-throughs with adequate swing room, good 50 amp, and being allowed to wash rigs makes up for the less then tidy appearance of the park. Some distant train noise but not bothersome. Easy access from the freeway but far enough away so road noise is not an issue. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Wagon Wheel Campground