219847 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Hardin, Montana (Air Miles)
Big Horn County Historica
Little Bighorn Battlefiel
Montana
Hardin
Grandview Campground & RV Park
2014-08-20 22:09:35
Hardin, Montana

question  question  question  yes  yes  no  question  yes  question  question
question  question  question  yes  question  no  question  yes  question  question
I was pleasantly surprised that this park was fairly nice. We had a pull through site that it was very long, with lots of space on both sides. We were parked in between two other coaches, and none of these 3 sites were next to or near a fence overlooking an industrial area. The owners were very nice but I don’t think they handled the issue of overcharging a customer very well. A lady who was in the office at the same time as me claimed she was overcharged, based on the rates on their web site. She was, and so was I, but I hadn't had a chance to look at their web site until the next day when I had my computer up and running again. In talking with the owner about this she stated that the prices had increased in the spring, and the web site was supposed to have been updated by someone who maintains the web site for them, and she was trying to get it fixed. The owner should have honored the price because the website does NOT say “prices are subject to change without notice”. It is her responsibility to ensure her “published” prices are correct. In spite of this we had a nice stay, met the other neighbors next to us and we had a lovely conversation. There are a lot of construction workers in the park. Perhaps some people might consider them “sketchy”, but they really didn't do anything or bother anyone. My only complaint was that there are a lot of cats and a dog running loose in the park. They belong to the owner; they are NOT feral cats. The dog was very friendly but it was running loose throughout the park. One of the cats was under our coach hissing at our dogs every time we took them out for a walk. I Just don't understand how RV park owners can expect guests to follow the rules (pets on a leash) when the owners' animals are running loose. I do have to agree that I don't think the place is worth $41.00 but the bottom line it's whatever the market will bear, and obviously it's working because the park was full. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Buyer Beware! Their published rate for full hookup (30/50) is $37 plus tax, with a 10% discount given for Good Sam. That would make the rate $33.30 plus tax. They wouldn't honor the published rate ($33.30 plus tax), and charged my husband $36.90 plus tax. If it had been me checking us in, I would have walked out and gone somewhere else. The park wasn't worth $39+ a night. There aren't enough amenities to support that cost. Regarding the property, it looks "tired", as another poster noted, and there were numerous feral cats on the property (also noted by another person). On the second morning several sketchy men were hanging around at a swing next to our RV, and I was glad we were departing that day, because I wouldn't have felt comfortable leaving my RV unattended. It's in an area of town with mostly gas stations and businesses, so I'm not sure where they get their name "Grand View." We were looking over a fence into an industrial lot. Their claim to being the "closest campground to Little Bighorn National Monument" is relative, because it's still a 16.7 mile drive to get to it. For reference, the other campground in town is just 17.5 miles from the monument. We camped here in a Motorhome.
This park has potential but there are cats and some dogs running free and they made our stay very unhappy. Our dog doesn't like cats, so we had to battle constantly to keep her quiet. Sitting outside in the cool evening air was a nightmare because of all the animals running free. The other big issue was the Wi-Fi. You could log on, but it wasn't long before you got dropped. It made working on the Internet rather hard. On the plus side, our site was great - very level and it had fresh rock on it. There was quite a bit of space between us and our neighbor, too. The lady in the office is terrific - very friendly and helpful. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Grandview Campground & RV Park

yes  yes  question  yes  question  yes  question  yes  no  question
yes  yes  question  yes  question  question  question  yes  no  question
This park is away from interstate so noise is not a big issue, esp. once inside RV. Some train whistles off in the distance, sounded nice. Very friendly staff, apparently new but quite helpful. Sites are gravel, long & reasonably level with some grass between & some mature trees for shade. There is a pool & hot tub but did not use. Bathroom & showers look a bit old but but are clean. There is a store attached to office with some supplies. They have tenting sites with a shelter covering the picnic tables & small cabins with a swing on the porch. Will definitely stay here again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Well, once you get past it being a KOA, it was nice. The RV Park was clean, but Wi-Fi was horrible. Kids enjoyed the pool and spa, which both appeared clean. Rabbits around everywhere and are mostly friendly. Staff was very friendly. Very good price on propane here, cheaper than in town. Verizon cell phones worked well in the campground. I don't know if I would stay here again, namely because of the $67 price. I think there are plenty of other campgrounds of same quality at half the cost or cheaper. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Small park with new friendly ownership. Relatively close to Battleground. Easy access. Plan to eat in as Hardin has no good place to eat. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Hardin KOA