Nearby Reed Point, Montana (Air Miles)
Old West Rv
Montana
Reed Point
Old West RV Park
2014-08-02 03:32:43
Reed Point, Montana

question  yes  question  question  question  question  question  question  yes  yes
Rate is the Passport rate. Real easy on/off I-90. Nice level gravel sites and interior roads. Very close to I-90 but noise was not a problem. Rate includes Wi-Fi,cable, and 50 amp. We did not use the cable, used our satellite dish. I wanted to wash the bugs off the front of the rig and asked if I could rinse with my hose. Was told if I used the hose I must pay the $10 charge to wash your rig. I could and did wash off the bugs using the bucket method. My Verizon smart phone said "no service" but our regular cell showed one bar and worked. This park works nice for an overnight stop. The population of Reed Point is about 100 and the closest grocery store is 17 miles. We camped here in a Motorhome.
We stayed here on weeknight in mid-July at the PPA rate. I changed the number of sites to 14 because that is what is listed on their handout map of the park. 9 sites are pull-through and 5 are back-in. All sites are FHU with 25 channel cable TV. Our site was level and most sites seem to satellite friendly. We received the 802.11 network in our RV. It appears that about half the sites are taken by seasonal or extended stay customers. So, you may want to call ahead during the travel season to make sure that they have a site available. There is a laundry with modern machines and adequate bathrooms. There are no other amenities in the park. The town, about which others have waxed poetic, has a main street immediately north of the RV park that has only 2 of about a dozen non-residential buildings with businesses currently occupying them. One is a tiny 2 pump gas station and the other is a saloon and cafe. The Yellowstone River is maybe a mile north via a gravel road. There is no easy access to the river but there is a bridge across the river. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Rate reflects Passport America rate. This park was a nice surprise. The park is located close to I-90 but the noise is no concern. Our site is long, level and ample space between sites for our 40 ft with 4 slides. Grass is nicely mowed and watered. You can easily walk back in time to an Old Western town right behind the park. Some of the buildings are still in use. The Yellowstone River is very close if you want to spent some time there. We even crossed the river and toured on some back gravel roads to see some of the "real Montana". Very pretty land. We stayed here to tour the Beartooth Highway that is a long day for the whole loop, but what views!! We would stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Old West RV Park