Nearby Roberts, Montana (Air Miles)
Peaks To Plains Museum
September 2011

question  yes
question  question
September 2011
Don't have to worry about me coming to this park again. First off it is DUSTY, and again nobody slows down going through campgrounds, and the dust boils. The only thing I can say is we came in on a Sunday and by Sunday night everyone was gone, and I mean everyone, not even a host so then the dust finally settled. If I knew it was on this type of entrance I probably would have opted for the another park. But I must say if you are set up for water sports then this seems like the place to go. We camped here in a Motorhome.
July 2011
First off...Do NOT trust your GPS to get you there! We ended up on a dirt road (not a gravel road) with ruts in the middle of nowhere Montana with nothing but fields and fields for as far as the eye can see. The only reason we didn't turn back was because we couldn't! There was NO place to turn it around with out getting into a soft shoulder. Thankfully a farmer passed us and she told us that although there is an "easier" way to get there, we are okay to continue on. So we did. Once we got there it was clear that we were going to enjoy ourselves. It's right on the lake, very quiet and peaceful. The only drawback was trying to find the ONE park that has electric and water. They are not identified on their maps and their are five (state) parks around the lake. So we had to go to each of them...and as luck would have it the farthest one and the last one was the one that had electricity and water. Oh and it can get quite windy in the afternoon so leave put your awning away when the wind starts. Oh and the park host was a sweetheart. I lost my check book in Glacier Nat'l park and there is NO cell service in Cooney and she let me use her "booster" enabled cell phone to have all my lost checks cancelled. We camped here in a Motorhome.