Nearby Three Forks, Montana (Air Miles)
Sacajawea Inn
Camp Three Forks
2014-09-11 23:29:45
Three Forks, Montana
September 2014

yes  question  yes  question  question  yes  question  yes  yes  yes
yes  question  question  question  question  yes  question  yes  yes  yes
September 2014
We had planned to stop in Bozeman but the park we planned to go to was full so we headed about 35 miles up the road. Camp 3 Forks a very nice small park of about 90 sites, roomy 30 amp. We have a w/e site. Gravel sites, nice grass all around, very clean park. Good Wi-Fi, no cable, but we got about 20 channels on regular TV. They also have full hookup sites. We would stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
This is a very beautiful park with large grassy sites and nice mature trees. The roads are all good gravel and the sites are gravel though not very level. It rained a lot when we were there and there was no mud at all. It is easy to get around, the staff is helpful and the Wi-Fi worked fine. There is no cable and no local TV. We were very disappointed to find out that the laundromat was closed. We had to go to the Pilot Gas Station to do our laundry. The office does not open until 1:00 PM, which made it hard to make adjustments or shop in the store. This is a great location to explore the area. I don’t think I would go back because of the hours, no cable, only 30 amp power and no laundry. That seems like a lot missing for the money spent. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
The park is convenient to I90. We were returning from the Grand Tetons enroute to Washington, so it was a good stop. The gravel sites are easily leveled. 30 amp service, water and sewer worked well. There is no cable, wifi worked well. There are nice shade trees throughout the park. The owner obviously puts a great deal of effort into maintaining the green landscape. We would stay here again if passing through the area. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Camp Three Forks

8   9   8   5   9   6   10   7   8
question  yes  question  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  question
question  question  question  no  question  question  question  question  question
September 2014
The sites are mostly large and level and many are quite private. Very scenic setting with well-groomed trails to the rivers/river confluence. My only complaint is the nonresident price of $23, which I feel is high for a no-hookup state park. Five dollars was the entry fee which can be used again in another Montana SP if you happen to be going to one. Good Verizon signal. We camped here in a Motorhome.
We both really loved this spot. There is really only one site that can handle a large rig. We are 38 ft and were in site 15. We had plenty of space and it was a very beautiful private location. All of the sites are lovely but some are very small. The park is very well maintained by the fantastic hosts who have spent many hours improving it. No one told us about generator hours so we ran ours during the day hoping it wouldn’t bother anyone. There are nice walking trails and a paved biking trail that we took into Three Forks for lunch one day. There is so much history in this area I would never tire of returning. I would go back in a heartbeat! We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
As a non-resident of the state, I would have paid $20, but I happened to mention that I had been at Lewis & Clark Caverns that day so they said to take off the $5 parking fee from there and write a little note on the green envelope. Good deal! The campground is small, but pretty. The pull throughs are more like pull offs and vary in size. But each has a bit of lawn, kept clipped by little brown rabbits, and a picnic table. Pretty close to I90, but quiet just the same. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Missouri Headwaters State Park