Nearby Big Springs, Nebraska (Air Miles)
Mcgreer Camper Park I
Ash Hollow State Histori
Nebraska
Big Springs
McGreer Camper Park
2014-09-26 16:51:04
Big Springs, Nebraska
September 2014

yes  question  yes  question  question  question  yes  yes  question  question
question  question  yes  question  question  question  yes  yes  question  question
September 2014
They're just off the interstate, very convenient for an overnight. I called ahead and the owner was very welcoming and helpful. She told me to just pick a spot if no one was in the office and she would check on us later. One other RV was there when we arrived and it looked to be long-term. Space was big enough for our 40' and toad. FHU but the electric and sewer were pretty far apart. It's a working farm so there were heavy equipment nearby, cows in pens, and pickups coming and going. Owner came by late afternoon to collect the fee. Rate reflects our PPA discount (thank you!) plus $1 for 50 amp and tax. Dog friendly but no dog run. Some flies around as expected from a farm and we did have to chase some flies out of the RV for a few days after but that wouldn't deter me from coming back. We enjoyed walking our dogs around the farm and thank the owners for a lovely stay. We camped here in a Motorhome.
There was no one in the office when we arrived but there was a note on the door along with self-registration form. There was only one other unit in the park the night we stayed so we had our choice of which lot we wanted. The owner did come by later to introduce herself and to thank us for staying at their park. There are 28 sites of both 30 and 50 amp service. The 50 amp service worked fine. This park is on a working farm so there were some flies to contend with - but it is a farm with cattle so flies are to be expected! There were some trees but they were small and provided on shade. I would stay here again if in the area. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Although this was not the best laid out or equipped campground we've stayed at, it was the most pleasant for my taste. As advertised, it is on a working farm, which I really enjoyed. The camping area is small, so it doesn't feel like an RV city. Just nice to be connected to real life, with the owners' puppy and kids around. It does smell like a farm, so that has to be okay with you. The spot we camped in had soft ground, rather than gravel or concrete. Most of the campers appear to be folks working on roads, as all the cars were gone early in the morning. It's the only campground we've stayed in where I took pictures - more to see than just RVs. The hookups were fine, good Wi-Fi, clean (though old) restrooms. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for McGreer Camper Park