Nearby Greenwood, Nebraska (Air Miles)
Strategic Air And Space
Greenwood
Pine Grove RV Park and Campground
2014-07-05 19:56:19
Greenwood, Nebraska

question  question  question  yes  question  yes  question  question  yes  question
question  question  question  yes  question  yes  question  question  no  question
Another one of those parks that state "free" Wi-Fi. It is, but each day I am here I get a new password, and I can only hookup one device! Speed? I ran a test because it dragged. 145 ping, .014 download, 0.04 upload. This lowered my overall rating. But it is free. The park overall is very nice with roomy sites. Grassy areas where the bench is. Level gravel sites and roads. My GPS took me here with no problems. Rate is total with Good Sam discount. Unfortunately, the tax washes out the discount. I would stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
The rate reflects a monthly stay of 31 days; you’ll have to add electricity. You will need to add sales tax to the posted rates. When you leave I-80 at exit 420, take highway 63 like you are going to Cenex/Cubby’s. But instead of turning right into Cubby’s, turn left and follow the road around to the campground. If there is a sign for the left turn, it wasn’t obvious. You won’t have any trouble following the 5mph speed limit because of the speed bumps and rough roads. The sites are gravel; some are pull-through and some are back-in and they vary in length. The green space between the sites is generous. There are trees that offer some shade depending on the site; we were able to find the satellites with our moveable dish. The water pressure was marginal at times. The noise from the interstate can be annoying depending on where your site is within the park. Verizon and Sprint were OK. You’ll need to pay attention and follow the rules to avoid being reminded. We had a good stay and will come again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
First I will say that the staff is great. We needed to get to Omaha ahead of schedule for a family emergency and they really went all out to get us in. As for the park, it is pretty basic but nice. The spaces are gravel and provide a great amount of space for large rigs. Each space also has a very nice sized grassy area, however, the grass does have a lot of weeds in it. They do have a small off-lease dog park, but it is not really suited for large dogs. All-in-all, this park is a nice place. It is not a 5-star resort, but it is also not a run down, scary trailer park either. It is a nice middle ground park that is maintained pretty well, it has really nice staff, and the spaces are large, level and roomy enough to unpack the lawn chairs, BBQ, slide the TV out of the basement and relax. They also provide a full picnic table at each site, which is nice to have. There are what appears to be some full-timers, or at least long-term tenants, but they all have nice RVs or trailers. There are no run-down units sitting around. The only gripe(s) that I have is they do not allow you to wash your RV, which there is no valid reason for since the sites are nicely graveled and provide ample drainage. The other one would be to improve the quality of the grassy areas for each space by replanting the grass and getting rid of the weeds. Although it is mowed regularly, and looks good, it would be a really nice improvement for the park because the grassy areas are on the larger side. It is also a little sparse on the amount of trees. A nice tree planted in each spot would add a really nice touch as well. All-in-all, this is a pretty nice place, really super staff, and conveniently located between Omaha and Lincoln. We are truly enjoying our stay here, and would stay here again when we return to the area to visit family. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Pine Grove RV Park and Campground