206564 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby West Wendover, Nevada (Air Miles)
Montego Bay 100 Wendover Blvd. West Wendover Nv 89883 800-848-7300 (Located To Street)
Peppermill Inn 680 Wendover Blvd. West Wendover Nv 89883 775-664-2255 (Located To Street)
Rainbow Hotel 1045 Wendover Blvd. West Wendover Nv 89883 775-664-4000 (Located To Street)
State Line Nugget 101 Wendover Blvd. West Wendover Nv 89883 775-664-2221 (Located To Street)
Bonneville Truck Stop
Blue Lake Spring 84
Nevada
West Wendover
Wendover KOA
2013-10-16 12:11:04
West Wendover, Nevada
October 2013

question  yes  yes  question  question  question  yes  question  question  question
October 2013
The rate reflects a 10% AAA discount for a full-hookup 30 amp site. We stayed at this campground while passing through on Interstate 80. It is very close to the Interstate but far enough off so that road noise is not an issue. When we arrived, the office was closed, and there were directions on how to pick a site and register. The office did open later in the day, and the woman working there was very nice and helpful. Since it was off-season, there was no overnight management presence in the campground. This seemed a little strange at first, but we had no problems. The campground is a gravel lot with gravel spaces behind a large casino. They have made a small attempt at landscaping, but do not camp here for its beauty. The space we chose was fairly short, but we were able to park without unhooking the tow car. The utilities, including a great selection of cable TV channels, all worked well. (There are only six 50 amp sites.) The WiFi was very weak even though we were very close to the office. It eventually went off altogether. Our Verizon phone and data, with 4G, both worked well. We did use the laundry, and it was reasonably priced and clean. There was a barking dog, but other than that it was quite at night. There were many street lights so it was very bright at night, something we do not like. We are not “casino people” so did not avail ourselves to the service, but the casinos provide a shuttle if you call them. We would stay here again for an overnight if passing through the area. We camped here in a Motorhome.
October 2013
Due to a change in our travel plans, we ended up driving along I-80 and stopped in Wendover for the night. We only stayed overnight and I am not sure I would have wanted to stay longer. The RV park was very empty during our stay, only six other RVs were onsite that night. The space we stay at was quiet, not near other RVs, and offered full hookups. The Wi-Fi did not function well. Wendover is a dusty, rocky, desert place and this campground is not hiding this. There was no grass anywhere and the gravel throughout the campground did not throw much dust around. The playground was excellent; our kids play in it for a long time. The pool was closed for the winter and the store looked sparse. I would have giving our stay three stars, but this is the second most expensive RV park I have ever stayed. Our stay should have been $30-35 per night, but we paid $48! The resort that I paid more for had many more amenities. I could not help feel we were being charged higher because they were the only campground for *miles*. Would I recommend this park? No. Will we come back? If we need a pit stop along I-80. We camped here in a Motorhome.
This park was not crowded as there was no major event in the area, so price was lower. Price listed is the total with tax. Sites were long, we did not unhook as this was an overnight quick stop off. There are some trees, but this is high desert so don't expect foliage and expect dust. Site was level, electric good, water ok. Used the cable TV - didn't use their Internet. Restrooms and showers and pool all very nice. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Wendover KOA