Nearby Harding's Point, New Brunswick (Air Miles)
Saint John City Market

yes (River)
6   5   2   8   8   7   4   9
question  question  question  question  question  question  question  yes
question  question  question  question  question  question  question  yes
After getting off the convenient free ferry, we were guided to our pull-through site with strong 50 amp power and good water pressure. The site also included sewer, a table and fire pit. The interior roads and sites are gravel, and many sites are not very level. Spacing between sites is adequate. We heard some noise from a passing train and the ferry that runs 24 hours a day, but it was not bad at our location in the park. Bathrooms and showers are dated, and the showers are coin-operated. We did not use our phones or personal Internet, so not sure about the Verizon signal. The office provides a "Hotspot", but you must be right in the building to pick it up. Except for weekend days, guests must manually open and close the gate into and out of the campground, a bit clunky and not fun in bad weather. Hello, ever heard of electric gates? Stores and services are fairly close by, after you take the ferry back across. It runs every few minutes and is organized and actually fun to ride. We felt the park was a bit overpriced and noisier than we like. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Nightly rate includes tax. We stayed here for 3 days. This is a beautiful property and the owners are working hard on it; however, it still needs improvement. The office has free Wi-Fi, but it requires that you to sit outside their office to use it. We are full-timers, so the internet is important to us. The young lady who checked us in was not knowledgeable or forthcoming about different sites. We had no choice in the matter. A man had us follow him to our site (#1) and got us in there easily. But it was next to the bar area, which at least wasn't open while we were there. Lots of noise from the ferry at this site. We had no one in the site next to us, thank goodness, because it would have been ridiculously close. Taking the ferry back and forth was no big deal. Close enough to tour Saint John and St. Andrews. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
August 2012
This park is big with a lot of gravel roads. It was very dusty. It had low hanging limbs, and narrow between trees on the access road. You mainly access the park via a ferry everytime you want to leave the park. We were parked on the top of a very big hill, which took my Ford F450 Diesel truck everything it had to pull our 5th wheel up that hill, on slick gravel. If you have a big rig and are thinking about staying here, I'd rethink it. They don't have enough power to support the newer rigs. I have a 2012 Mobile Suite that has a Electric Surge protector built in. Thank God! If not, we would have burnt up the equipment, due to rack of power. I asked for help and they just argued with me. They said some thing was wrong with my system. The only thing wrong with my system is that it is working! My system showed the incoming power down to 95 volts on one leg. (It's supposed to be around 120 volts.) I couldn't even run 1 AC unit, let alone 2. They won't refund your money either. So if I was you, I'd pass. They have seemingly good reviews, but most of these, I'm sure, don't know they are not getting enough power and damaging their equipment. Stay away! You've been warned. I'm not one to complain. I've stayed in a lot of campgrounds, and this is one of the worst experiences I've had. If I would have paid for no power, it's one thing, but I paid for 50 amps. And the 30 amp is off of the bad low volt leg, so that wasn't an option either. Just pick some place else, so your vacation isn't ruined like mine. The bathrooms were very rough also. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Harding's Point Campground