Nearby Oak Bay, New Brunswick (Air Miles)
Wickachee
Oak Bay Campground
2011-10-12 19:02:54
Oak Bay, New Brunswick
October 2011

question  question  yes  yes  no  question  no  yes  question  no
question  question  yes  yes  no  question  no  yes  question  yes
October 2011
Very sparse, but very handy. Quiet, clean. Just stopped in to sleep. Everything worked, including strong Wi-Fi. We camped here in a Motorhome.
July 2011
We had tried calling this campground ahead for reservations, there was a voice mail answering machine stating: "No reservations were needed for the upcoming weekend." We left a message stating our needs and never received a return call. When we arrived at the campground the office was open but there was no one at the office. After waiting around a bit we noticed a phone # on the front door with instructions to call this # if no one is in office. We called the number, it went to a message machine. Left a message stating we were at the front office/gate. Waited some 10 minutes or so, then decided to drive around to look for a site. While doing so a man in a ATV came up and was a bit rude asking what we were doing and why we didn't call the # on the door. When we said we did, he took his phone out of his pocket, waived it around and said, "You didn't call me." We showed him the dialed # on our cell phone. The guy affirmed that it was the correct # but something must be wrong with our phone! A Bit Rude if you ask me. If it hadn't been late we would have left. Was just an overnight stop. We camped here in a Motorhome.
June 2010
Several years ago we stopped in to take a look at this park, and we weren't impressed: very shabby and tired. Fast forward to last weekend. We had gotten away from home in Nova Scotia much later than planned, and at 11:00 pm we pulled into this campground more as an act of desperation. After all, it would be for only one night. There was no one at the gate house, so we entered and drove around looking for a site hoping to find a two-way hook-up. Virtually out of the dark emerged two people (owners as it turned out), and I honestly expected we would be asked to leave because they were closed. To the contrary, we were warmly greeted, and our two dogs as well! He guided us to a two-way site, offered his help with our hookup, and we settled down to a very restful night. The sites are well treed and suitably distanced from others. Our site was dead-level, which makes for a much easier setup. The following morning I checked out the amenities, and I was impressed. They have invested a lot of time, effort, and money in this site, and it is more than comfortable. We have realized, over the years, that Sunday morning is often the acid test for a campground, because the bathrooms, by this point in the weekend, are dirty and in dire need of maintenance. Not so here. The bathrooms were spotless, everything worked, and the fixtures are new. Overall, the grounds are well maintained and clear of any litter. For a campground that was (I am guessing) about two-thirds full that night, I can only say that I am impressed with this level of care. Obviously, this campground is in new hands and they intend to make a serious business of it. And a big plus: these owners are motorcycle people (he owns the local Yamaha dealership), so those on bikes will be eagerly welcomed as well. We're definitely staying here again. It's a perfect mid-way stop for our trips back and forth from Massachusetts, and I'll be stopping in with my Yamaha V-Star as well. So: clean, well-maintained, friendly, accommodating, you simply can't go wrong here. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Oak Bay Campground