Nearby Rumney, New Hampshire (Air Miles)
Gilmans Rv Center
Rumney, New Hampshire
August 2011

yes (River)
8   3   9   8   8   7
yes  question  yes  yes  yes  yes
yes  question  question  yes  yes  yes
August 2011
Management was friendly. The dump site was a bit awkward (natural lean away from receptacle and a tight turn to the right to exit) but adequate. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
June 2010
Nice river front area. I only had 20 amp service. It was OK. The site was big. It's a nice campground for small rigs and tents. We camped here in a Motorhome.
January 2009
We thoroughly enjoy this place! We come and stay without a dinghy. Just a relaxing weekend with our dogs at the river. They love it! We are a big rig for what usually frequents this location. As such we sometimes overdraw on the electric. Doesn't create any serious problems. We are here for some relaxation at the river's edge and haven't needed our AC though we do need to fire up the generator to run the microwave if needed. This is not a drawback to us as our needs and draws are simple. We come to kick back and relax. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Baker River Campground
May 2011

9   9   2   9   8   10   9   10
yes  yes  yes  question  question  yes  yes  yes
yes  question  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  yes
May 2011
We visited this park for the third time. Each time we return the staff and property seems to improve! Two live bands played Saturday afternoon and into the early evening. The second band was a bluegrass band. They put on a awesome show! All of the amenities are always clean (restrooms, pool, store, etc..) My wife and I will always return. The hassle free, experienced, and friendly staff make a weekend easy to enjoy! We camped here in a Motorhome.
July 2010
Great weekend here. Staff is great, people friendly and it is clean. This night they had a band at the pool that played great music. Not sure where else you can stay, get full hookups, pool, river beach, stocked store, easy access, for what they charge. Will go again. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
July 2010
Please be advised that I feel this is not a destination campground. I think if you were passing through it would be adequate. When we first pulled in, our immediate thoughts were "glorified parking lot". Sites were level-yes-with absolutely no shade and trees that have just been planted with the Lowe's price tags on them. As for friendly staff-that was extremely hit or miss. I found the wife/owner to be fairly pleasant but her husband not at all. We were in a group of campers and I arrived first and checked in with her. She was pleasant. He "greeted" the rest of our group very rudely and continued to be rude in all his dealings with the group for the remainder of the trip. He also kept terrible records, as we had paid the entire bill for our stay months before and when I checked in, was told we owed $100. It was not fully straightened out for a day to which the wife/owner said that her husband does not do well with keeping accurate records of that sort of thing. Not what I would be advertising out loud to guests. As you know, a group of campers can attract attention from owners for a variety of reasons. Being loud, openly drunk/destructive, etc. In our case, since there were 5 campers and they had cement blocks for fire pits, the men arranged one fire pit that was larger with blocks from 3 of the sites because someone in our group had wine crates which throw off some heat when initially placed. We weren't loud, obnoxious, or destructive. (Friends of the owners-or at least they seemed chummy- who parked next to us were up way past quiet hours-3:30 am-but were never "shut down"). The owner crept upon us and told us we had to shut down the fire and immediately put back the cement bricks. We told him they would be much too hot to handle at that moment and he allowed us to put it back the next day-but not until he paid us another visit for the flames he saw. And when I say crept, I mean he literally crept upon us. All other times, you could find him whizzing by everyone at a higher rate of speed on his golf cart than his rules told us we should be driving! Mind you, we followed the rules and put back the blocks in the proper places the next day and on the 4th of July, friends of theirs whooped it up loudly as my children tried to sleep in our pop up camper. At no time was our group ever told we were too loud and disruptive to others, but I can tell you that on the 4th, those friends of theirs had a monstrous fire going and were loud as anything. Activities? For $5 per child, you could use two very filthy, definitely used bouncy house and slide. It was so hot the children were feeling the burn until they got the idea to put a hose down it. The owners must have called in friends and family for reinforcements for 4th of July staff. The man working it with his wife was outright nasty to the children. Of course children like to slide down and crash and bump. Should they be safe? Absolutely! I agree 100% But should you yell and time out children before you even tell them what the rules would be? Honestly the manner in which these people dealt with guests' children was palling to me. The campground pool is very small. It would be great if it was your personal swimming pool but not great if it's a campground. I will say they had nice anti gravity lounge chairs and left out pool toys to be used. The store was stocked well enough and people in our group thought it was great they sold Popsicle 3 for a buck. The arcade and laundry was fine, we didn't use it much. The kids did enjoy the playground which was a large version of a residential wooden playground in the middle of the campground. They did their own fireworks display which started off shaky but I thought was good after they did their practice fireworks. Bring your bug spray however. Some people were allowed to drive their trucks filled with people and their chairs to the back lot, but of course, our group was not allowed to. They pick up your trash daily as long as you leave it at the end of your site by 8 pm. It is practically walking distance to Polar Caves and we did that which the kids loved. We checked out several area campgrounds and decided you really do get what you pay for in the end. Ultimately, we all could have dealt with the no-shade, parking lot-like atmosphere had the staff been more friendly to us "outsiders". Maybe they didn't care we were from out of state and figured we wouldn't be back. Or maybe we just weren't their friends. Who knows. All I can say is they have the natural resources to make it a good campground (they own acreage in the back that abuts the baker river and it's beautiful there). They blew it with us on the customer service end and that's when everything else starts to stand out. We will never return and I'm sure the owners will be glad for that. They seem to be running an exclusive club there. We camped here in a Tent Trailer.
Display older reviews for Riverbrook RV Resort