220521 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Millville, New Jersey (Air Miles)
Wheaton Village
April 2012

yes  yes
question  yes
April 2012
Basically, don't camp here unless you are racing or with some one who is racing. There are no cabins. There is nothing for kids to do other than watch racing. The camp sites really have the bare minimums, which is basically only electric. Not a bad area, though. We camped here in a Motorhome.
October 2010
I stayed here to watch round 2 of the U.S. Rallycross National Championship. The first time in August, I stayed at the local state park (Parvins State Park) and found the showers/bathroom area absolutely disgusting. I decided to try staying directly at the racetrack. Pros: This was the first time staying at a racetrack where I would be watching races at all day and the convenience was awesome. The showers were pretty clean (you have to drive to the Thunderbolt track, they are in the same building as the Drivers Impression store). I was in the VIP lot at well...It was level. The place has security at the front gate, but going in and out was never a problem, even until late at night (11 PM, but I was told there was someone there 24 hours a day and I can come and go as I please). Cons: New facility and they are not really ready for campers. The VIP field (right near the Brighton Room restaurant) was a sandy/dirt field. No matter what, so much sand was tracked into the camper it was unreal. However, the worst part about this place was the flies. I don't know if this rests on an old landfill or what, but the flies were everywhere. At the track they were everywhere. You'd get in and out of your truck and there'd be a dozen flies inside the truck by the time you shut the door. The flies, from going in and out of the camper to bring the food on the grill in, there had to be 20. My wife visited for the day and she couldn't believe it! I wouldn't have gone and reviewed this place if these flies didn't absolutely turn me completely off to this place. Bug spray wouldn't do anything, they were just like houseflies. There was a steady breeze, but they were still everywhere. Just be warned...In talking to vendors and people that work at the track, it's a problem that NJMP could care less about. Since this place is new, they didn't give any maps of the complex telling me where the showers were or anything. I had to get a security guy to tell me where my VIP lot was (even though it was the worst lot out of the whole place). Once they get their act together, this place should be a world class facility! However, the $50 fee to camp there all weekend really did make it super convenient. Just be warned about the flies. We camped here in a Tent Trailer.