Nearby Montague, New Jersey (Air Miles)
Kittatinny Canoes

10   7   4   5   8   4   3   6   6
question  question  yes  yes  yes  question  question  question  yes
question  question  yes  yes  yes  question  question  question  yes
September 2014
Stopped in at Rockview Valley overnight on our way to another destination. We arrived around 9pm and were greeted within minutes at the front desk by friendly staff. They did not charge us for our 2 young children due to only staying overnight. They put us in their rally field that had water and electric hookup conveniently placed around the whole field. The field was well maintained with low cut grass, a pavilion, and picnic tables throughout. Upon pulling in a number of campers and staff were very helpful in asking if we needed assistance in setting up. The campground was very quiet and people were very friendly. Although our stay was short I would highly recommend them, and we plan on staying there next season due to their friendly atmosphere and neatly kept park. They do not accept credit cards however, they do take checks. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Nice little campground for us as an overnight stop while traveling I-84 westbound. We were given a site in the "rally" area which was spacious and quiet. My only concern was that we have a 40' motor home and the entryway to the campground is extremely tight with low hanging branches. Once inside it is also very tight by the office for a turn to the area we were in with more low hanging tree branches. Also, if you are coming from I-84 and choose to go to this campground there is a approximately 135 degree left turn required onto River Road which was at the limit of our turning ability. Owner's son was friendly and helpful. Cable TV included in price. We would return if in the area if we were in a smaller rig, but don't think we would in our current rig. We camped here in a Motorhome.
October 2012
I am usually flexible when it comes to different campgrounds. Some great, some not but I usually try to adjust. I have to say that this time I just couldn't get past that unsettled feeling. It was quite empty of any regular campers other then seasonals. I understand October does get slow once the weather gets chillier and the kids in school. It was just unsettling as I found the place rather 'sloppy' for a campground. Sites were lacking numbers and I had trouble finding the water spigot to attach to the camper for it only to be a hose not attached to anything on the ground under the dried leaves and brush. I think it may have been originally screwed onto a board as the other sites had but didn't see anything around. Took a walk as I usually do once we get settled to see 5 empty beer cans and 1 bottle thrown off to the side in different areas. The young girl at the office was very friendly but found everyone else not. None said hello, waved or even gave eye contact of any sort. Did not have a fire ring or picnic table at the site even though we didn't plan on using one because we were leaving in the morning. The campground looked like it would have great potential and maybe its better at the height of the season but I have to say that.I wasn't feeling very comfortable here. They also just accept cash. No credit cards. I wish I have been told that upon making reservations, but I was not. I feel bad giving such a poor review. Wish I could of truthfully done better. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Rockview Valley Campground