219007 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Churchrock, New Mexico (Air Miles)
Ranch Kitchen
2014-05-05 03:59:19
Churchrock, New Mexico

yes  yes  question  yes  question  no  question  question  yes  yes
yes  yes  question  yes  question  no  question  question  yes  yes
Nice campground in a beautiful location. The museum is really very good. I found it more extensive and informative than the museum at Window Rock. It is far enough from I-40 that there is little road or train noise. The only downside is the blowing sand if it is windy. Staff is really helpful and friendly. We camped here in a Motorhome.
October 2013
Nestled in a lovely south-facing red rock canyon, this campground is a jewel for those headed east or west on I-40, which is only about 1 mile away. Train tracks are about 1/2 mile away, but with the windows closed I couldn't hear the trains. I took 1 star off because with windows open one might be able to hear the trains at night. Sites have water and electric, are well-spaced, and are reasonably level. Campground is grass and sand, and not a speck of trash anywhere. Restrooms were clean, with soap and paper towel dispensers and large showers. Very friendly and polite staff. We were touring the museum and rain was threatening, and several of the campground staff offered to give us a ride back to our RV when we finished seeing the museum. Please do not miss the fine museum, which is only about a 5 minute walk from the campground. Nice sand art paintings, excellent large wood carvings, fine southwest jewelry, baskets, pottery, early stone and clay utensils, etc. It is rare that one finds a campground as nice as this, as inexpensive, so close to an interstate, and with so much to offer for the overnight traveler. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Fantastic scenery! Clean, level sites. Easy access (within a mile) to I-40. Be sure to visit the Indian museum at this facility. Note that we don’t carry a TV around so no cable service is necessary. We use the fifth-wheel primarily to have a comfortable place to sleep, a toilet and shower that don’t offer surprises, and someplace to store food. Other than that, we live outside! We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Red Rock Park