206945 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Las Vegas, New Mexico (Air Miles)
Montezuma Hot Springs 138
Vegas Storage & RV Campground
2014-02-14 01:48:16
Las Vegas, New Mexico
November 2013

yes  no  question  yes  question  question  question  yes  question  yes
yes  question  question  yes  question  question  question  yes  question  yes
November 2013
This is a quiet campground, with a great staff. Sites are nice, but many are on a slope. Water pressure is low. Restrooms are cleaned on a regular basis, but need updating, mold removal, etc. The park Internet is great during the daytime, but impossible to use during evening hours. There is a strong signal, but it only seems to allow a few users to log on at a time. I thought it was funny that when I called about a reservation I was told about the grocery store. When I arrived I noticed that the selection was limited to one each of about half dozen grocery items! We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
October 2013
Pretty much the same as others have stated. Highly recommend staying in one of the 7 newer pull-thru's as they are mostly level and utilities are good, rest of sites are very iffy. BEWARE PETOWNERS; the sand burrs are everywhere and painful, we used dog shoes for our dog and were constantly picking them out of our shoes and the dogs'. There is a nice sand/dirt path that leads to sandy dog area. We are full-timers and have stayed in 100's of CG's and believe this may be our least favorite. Staff is nice but don't try to use your VKR $'s because they don't want to be bothered. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Poor interior roads, sites not level. There are not many parks in this area, so we have stayed here twice. Other than location, not much to recommend it, I'm afraid. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Las Vegas, New Mexico KOA
October 2013

yes  question  yes  question  question  question  yes  question  question  question
yes  question  question  question  question  question  yes  question  question  question
October 2013
Great park…super value. Spent two nights here with an electric and water hook-up. Waste dump is easy on the way out. It is not crowded here in early October, but the dogs across the highway were just as loud as when we visited one year ago. Verizon coverage was 3 of 5 bars. Did not use restroom showers, as they locked the buildings at night, when we intended to use them. Ranger was very helpful in allowing us to stay until 9pm on check-out day, due to significant winds on the highways that afternoon. Would definite recommend this park. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Wednesday, June 5 - Storrie Lake State Park, Las Vegas, New Mexico. The park has 25 sites with electricity and water hookups. Primitive camping is also available. There were pit toilets near us, but the park does have hot showers, a dump station and potable water. We arrived during a rain and hail storm just for a stopover so we weren’t able to see everything the park offers. The park is on 82 acres and the lake is huge and great for rainbow and german brown trout fishing. I thought the lake looked dry and I was told that water is sent to Las Vegas, NV and NM due to a three year drought. Our site had a covered picnic table and looked out towards the mountains. The park has fields, boat docks, horseshoes, swimming, volleyball, windsurfing and sailboarding. It was a good stop for one night, especially since it started to rain and hail two miles before we arrived. We camped here in a Motorhome.
April 2013
Since the lake dried up, this park is not as popular as it was at one time. The night we were there the temperature went below freezing, so the water was cut off. The composing toilets at the end of the electric loop were clean. I use this park strictly as an overnight. For the money you can't beat it. This year as I was dumping, a panhandler appeared. I told him to beat it and he left, but it bothered me. The park is very close to town. There was no host and we didn't see a park ranger. I will give it another chance, but security is very important to me. We camped here in a Tent Trailer.
Display older reviews for Storrie Lake State Park
February 2014

7   9   3   6   8   8
yes  yes  yes  question  question  yes
yes  yes  yes  question  question  yes
February 2014
Great overnight location. A little difficult to find. Would recommend using a nav device. Very nice restrooms and showers. Nothing real fancy to the place as it is also a storage lot, but nonetheless comfy. Visited in February, so had pick of the sites. Late night check in was not a problem. Just use night drop. Stayed here twice in 3 weeks as we were going south and then returning home. Will definitely stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
July 2012
We found this park to be very nice. The lady in the office and owners of this park were extremely nice and helpful. It's close to town where you can enjoy the local sites and taste all the old town Las Vegas traditions. I highly recommend this park. We camped here in a Motorhome.
April 2011
Operated by a self-storage business, this small campground is bare-bones. Dirt and gravel, grass and weeds, no amenities other than cable TV. There is no Internet at all. The place is OK for an overnight when traveling through on I-25, but I wouldn't vacation here. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Vegas Storage & RV Campground