206673 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Questa, New Mexico (Air Miles)
Red River Ski Area

yes (River)
yes  yes
no  question
June 2010
Wonderful place to camp. Our site had a covered picnic table area, fire ring and grill. There are several hiking and biking trails in the park. If you don't like being remote or possibly being the only people around in a very quiet area, you probably won't care for this place. There are only vault toilets (clean) and no showers. There is water available but not at the sites. Our site had million dollar views for $7.00 a night. We camped here in a Motorhome.
June 2009
One of the most beautiful spots in Northern New Mexico at the confluence of the Rio Grande and Red Rivers on BLM developed facility. Outstanding bicycle/hiking area. Very few amenities but there is water and restrooms available along with picnic tables and grills. Visitor center is well stocked with maps and experts on local animals and geology. If you like remote but accessible this is it. We camped here in a Motorhome.

yes (Stream)
5   8   5   6   6   4
yes  yes  yes  yes  no  question
yes  yes  yes  yes  no  question
We have been staying here on and off for years. The place has really not changed much in 10 years other than the trees are gone and have put in electric meters if you stay for a month as we did. The electric was not cheep. The place is quite and is cheaper than Red River. The electric is poor. I will not come here anymore because of the power is so bad. The bath house is good. They are not really fixing it up like there could to make it a great park. We will not go to eagle nest for the summer. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Great family owned RV park and cabin rentals in Questa. Family is updating the park and adding more RV sites. Full hookup with "wonderful" internet access from the comfort of your RV. Daily rate reflects monthly rate plus electric. Any small issue that we had was quickly corrected by the family. I would highly recommend this park especially over the high priced parking lot RV sites in Red River. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
April 2013
Okay, this quaint little place sort of breaks my heart. It is ALMOST so awesome. When I visited, the manager was out of town and his sweet and helpful elderly parents were looking after the place. It was readily apparent that I was visiting preseason. There was quite a bit of stacked up outdoor furniture lying around, and I'm betting there were only two or three other parties on the whole place. It was quite a hike from my campsite, which was just behind the cabins available for rent at the front of the park, to the exceptionally clean and well-heated bath house on the back of the park. However, it was certainly a lovely walk. The mountain air is delightful,there are glimpses of snow capped mountains beyond the creek, and the landscaping in the park itself is quite nice, though the folksy little pond trail needs only a couple of obnoxious garden gnomes to achieve serious kitsch status. Two big problems: 1) there's an immense amount of rusty old trashy stuff just beyond the chain link fence separating the park from the back of a warehouse or some sort of retail area. I would highly recommend a shrub border to hide that trashy view. It really ruins the ambiance and the sense of the little park as being a place apart. Second, the address gave my GPS all kinds of problems, and I ended up on the wrong side of the highway stuck on a narrow mountainous road that I would never have been able to get turned around on if a lovely local person had not stopped and helped me back my rig up. Be careful, and be sure of your directions or you might end up spending the night with the mountain goats and bootleggers until someone can come along and rescue you. If Questa Lodge can get its neighbors to clean up their act, help GPS to figure out where they are, and possibly mark their campsites a little better for those who may be coming in after sunset, it will be, as Mary Poppins says, practically perfect in every way. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Questa Lodge