206945 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Tijeras, New Mexico (Air Miles)
Hidden Valley Resort
Tijeras
Hidden Valley RV Resort
2014-04-24 14:57:16
Tijeras, New Mexico

question  question  question  question  question  no  yes  yes  yes  question
question  question  question  question  question  no  yes  question  yes  question
The rate paid is based on the Passport America discount. To start with, this park is tricky to find. Its entrance is rather narrow and next to a mini mart/gas station. If you are coming from the east it is easy to miss it. There is a large sign telling you the park is there but does not tell you where the entrance is and it is not obvious as you are coming up on it. But a short distance down is a large area where you can turn around. It is easier to see the entrance from the west. You go up a curving hill and you will see the park office. I have rarely stayed in a park where the spaces are so narrow. I could stand outside my door and reach over and touch my neighbor's slide out. The park is built on a hill so each spot is a level above the other. There is a rock retaining wall on the side of each spot. I would guess there is about three feet between the doorstop of my rig and the retaining wall; barely room for a chair. My spot was not level and I saw others leveling their unit. The Wi-Fi is spotty--I would not count on it. My Verizon MiFi works pretty well. My GPS was just updated but it was not able to find any shopping or eateries close by. I had to drive about ten miles round trip to get dinner. All that being said, the park has a peaceful feel and the I-40 noise is minimal. It has a clean laundry with plenty of washers and dryers. It is easy access to highway 14 to take you to Tinkertown Museum--a must see while you are here. We camped here in a Motorhome.
March 2014
Decent park right off I-40. Fairly level gravel pull thru sites. Friendly people and good amenities. Hidden back from the interstate so no road noise but kind of hard to get to. Good place to explore Turquoise Trail, Albuquerque, and Santa Fe. We camped here in a Motorhome.
January 2014
We have camped here several times and always enjoy the area. This time I noticed that they have worked hard on painting which sure makes a difference from our last stay. As always the office staff is very nice making the check-in easy. We stayed there with oor CtC membership which is the reason for the price. Would like to see a dog run added, but there are several local trails that our Labs just love to hike with me. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Hidden Valley RV Resort
March 2014

yes  question  yes  question  yes  question  yes  question  yes  question
yes  question  question  question  yes  question  yes  question  yes  question
March 2014
Another Passport America questionable park. Mostly a mobile home park that has a few site RV camping sites. Most residents are permanent or seasonal. OK for a quick overnight, but don't expect much. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
October 2013
Good overnight campground. Would not recommend for more than 1 or 2 nights max. Sites are tight, but doable, dirt with some gravel. Not a place if there is rain. Have to give them credit for one thing, best Wi-Fi we have had in 4 years. Far, far better than some of the fancy "resorts" we have stayed in at a much higher rate. We would stay here again, but only for a night and we couldn't find another place. We camped here in a Motorhome.
This park is next to a permanent mobile home park, and most of the guests in the recreation side are permanent, too. The spaces are too narrow and uneven. People do not pick up after their dogs and frequently let them run loose. Barking dogs are an issue, as is traffic noise from I-40. The forest behind the park has been slash cut and large areas were burned. It's ugly. The sheriff's car patrols through the park several nights a week. The long term residents have multiple vehicles that are parked all over the place, often blocking the lanes to incoming trailers and emergency vehicles. The shade trees are half dead elms that are only in a few spaces. The manager is nice, but this park is old and needs help. It's really a trailer court rather than an recreation park. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Leisure Mountain Mobile Home & RV Park