Nearby Truth Or Consequences, New Mexico (Air Miles)
Riverbend Hot Springs Hostel
Truth Or Consequences, New Mexico

no  question  yes  question  yes  question  question  question  yes  question
no  question  yes  question  yes  question  question  question  yes  question
December 2012
Nice quiet park on a hill overlooking the small town of Truth or Consequences, NM. Nice view. Within walking distances from grocery store and other local shops bath houses if you’re able to walk ¼ mile. Wal-Mart located two miles north. Free phone usage for 800 numbers and local calls. No Wi-Fi. The owner charges $20/month extra if you want to use her dirty showers. Laundry room with washers/dryers, but owner prefers you use the clothesline outside to keep her energy cost down (I preferred the dryers). Ownership/management/park host – not very customer oriented, rarely in office. The picture of the restrooms on the park's web site is not of their restrooms. Issue # 1: Sewer drain clogged, we called at night, but told him it would wait until morning. When we didn’t receive a call or visit, we called to inquire about it once more. Instead of hearing: “We’re sorry, we’ll be over to check it out,” the response we got was: “Nobody else is complaining but you.” When he did come over to fix the problem, he had no sense of urgency, showed up with an auger that didn’t work, and I caught him using my drinking water hose, with the end six inches down the sewer drain. Issue #2: As I was coming from the restroom one day, I was “greeted” by a woman asking me “Where do you belong?” I stated who I was and where my site was. She stated that she’d met my husband but not me. I smiled, shook her hand and said that I had talked to her when I made the reservations. I understood her desire to protect her property; however I was taken aback by her aggressive approach. We camped here in a Truck Camper.
November 2012
Some of the turns were tight enough to pull the break-away cable engaging the trailer brakes. Woodalls has internet checked, but there is no Wi-Fi. I could not make a call from my cell phone. We did not find the management very friendly. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
October 2012
Stayed here a couple of nights. Great location with spectacular views of the city, with twinkly lights below. Really could be a nice place with a little work. Sites are flat and utilities work fine. Walking distance to downtown. Downside: there is one bathroom for women and one for men for all 70+ sites and they have no locks on the doors. The single toilet in each has a shower curtain around it instead of a door, so forget about privacy. Anyone interested in taking a shower must pass through the "toilet room" even if someone is using the toilet behind a shower curtain, to get into the shower stalls. Very awkward. Worst bathroom arrangement I have seen. Clubhouse was dated and uninviting. Very little traffic passed through while we were there. Just a few long-term RVs parked there. The lady at the front desk was unfriendly although another man who helped us to our site was great as was a handyman of some sort who worked there. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Cielo Vista RV Park
November 2009

November 2009
All sand and gravel, hard to find, crowded but fairly priced. List as an Escapee's park but did not offer any discount to Escapee members. We camped here in a Motorhome.

3   9   9   2   2   4
question  question  question  question  no  question
question  question  question  question  no  question
December 2013
Staff at office were very friendly. Price reflects the PA discount, plus $3 for 50amp, plus $2/day for internet (which didn’t work). You need to give the office a deposit of $5.00 for the washroom/shower key. We looked at the facilities and decided we didn’t want to use them. There were very old and cramped and a long way from our site. We wanted to do some laundry and needed a key from the office to get in there too. We looked in the “laundry” room and decided we’d rather go into town to do laundry as there was only one washer and one dryer and they looked really old. The RV Park is miles away from town and then miles on a dirt road. It’s quiet and dark at night, but there’s nothing to do there. We wouldn’t stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
March 2012
You are in New Mexico folks so the Campground is not pristine nor green. But, it is clean and well cared for and the owners/management are absolutely stellar. WiFi worked fantastically and we were here for three nights. Site was good. Services, water, sewer and electricity, all performed perfectly. We didn't use the washrooms or laundry. Very windy days so we didn't get out and about much but this Campground is close to Elephant Butte State Park and Dam and lots to see and do in the area. IF you like fishing this is the place to be. I would highly recommend campers to stay here if you are looking for well cared for facilities, but not a Resort. Price reflects membership in Passport America and we thank the people at this Campground for being members of Passport America. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
May 2011
This park is clean and management is wonderful. Maintenance is done by the owner and one of the mangers. They both do a good job I think. On May 1st, there were only 5 permanent residents. Most others were vacation RVs that are parked here permanently. It's pet friendly for well behaved pets. This park is about about mile and half from the boat ramp. Has some big rig lots. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Monticello RV Park
November 2013

yes  yes  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  question  yes
yes  question  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  question  yes
November 2013
Why I had to pay $27 with Good Sam discount is beyond me. It was $24 last year and nothing has change. I called a nearby park I wanted to try but they wanted $35! This park has the best shower arrangement that I have seen in many years. You can shower, with hot water, and then dress in an area that does not have standing water. They get an ATTA BOY! We camped here in a Motorhome.
October 2013
Excellent RV park. The host made sure we were comfortable. Good hook ups, cable, and Wi-Fi. There were many long term residence here, but many seemed to be veterans who were very friendly and always stopping for a little conversation. Good area to branch out and sight see. Don't miss the Veterans memorial it was a surprise in a small town. My only reason for not giving this a 10 was the dog area. There really wasn't one. There were 2 parks close by that we were able to walk the dog at. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
December 2012
This park has many long term guests and was 85% full when we stopped at 1PM. The restroom/showers rate a 10 but are not convenient for overnight on the upper level. Wi-Fi was a bit slow during the evening but adequate. Excellent cable. Easy access from I-25. Friendly staff. Another nearby park is listed under Williamsburg, NM. $24 Rate is with Good Sam discount. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for R.J. RV Park

10   5   9   9   7   6   1
yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  question
yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  question
December 2013
If you're looking for a break from state park or standard RV park camping, this is a place to go. For $55/night, you get all of the "public" hot springs soaking you can stand and a full-service hookup. The Wi-Fi is fast enough for movie watching, TorC is a great little town and almost everything in town is walking distance from Riverbend. You can even get breakfast delivered to the campground if you order early enough. This is one of the most beautiful places in southern New Mexico. The campsites are small and a little crowded, but you do have a picnic table in each site and you'll be spending most of your time in the resort anyway. The resort provides a nice gas barbecue for residents' use, a wonderful patio area with an awning, gas fireplace, and outdoor heaters in the winter, and the Rio Grande views from the public, private, and deck are amazing. Check in is 3 PM and they do not take reservations for the campsites; first come, first serve. Check out is "11-ish." We camped here in a Motorhome.
November 2013
I did not actually stay here. I was taken aback by the high price. Sure it includes soaking, which would normally cost $10. an hour. How many hours would a single person use? 2 or 3? That puts the RV site at 25-35. For a gravel parking lot. I went 2 blocks away and stayed at a slightly funky place for $15. a night. I could walk to 5 hot springs, several restaurants and the grocery store. We camped here in a Motorhome.
October 2010
This was the first time we stayed a night here and we have been coming to this area for a few years. We don’t know how we overlooked this wonderful place but we are glad we have found it. The RV spots could use some work and availability is kind of slim but the actual hot-springs, which is located across the street is absolutely amazing. Its decorated in a non pretentious way and the pools are immaculate! Staff was friendly and helpful and the GM seems to really take allot of pride in the business. After an hour soak we slept like rocks and the early morning soak was a fantastic way to start the day! We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Riverbend Hot Springs