Nearby Campbell, New York (Air Miles)
Camp Bell Cg
Camp Bell Campground
2014-01-31 23:36:19
Campbell, New York
October 2013

question  yes  question  yes  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  no
question  yes  question  question  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  question
October 2013
We got off to a rough start when we arrived because there was an inconsiderate jerk in our site who was supposed to be long gone. He said he'd be gone in 20 minutes but he was still there two hours later. No matter. The office told us to use a different site which was actually nicer and more level. The sites were a bit uneven but we were able to get fairly level just through trial and error. Parking is all on grass. Facilities were fine. Staff is very friendly and helpful. I would stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Conveniently located off I-86, campground offers wooded or field sites on several loops. Seasonal rentals occupy most of the wooded sites, field sites can be close together. Pavilion with clean showers, game room, and laundry has a second floor meeting/event space. Office has some groceries, camping supplies and gift items. Owner is very friendly and helpful. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Rate was Good Sam for 30 amp pull through. This was an overnight for us while on the road. The park is predominantly a seasonal park with well maintained rigs and grounds. Over-nighters seem to be assigned to a row of pull-through grassy sites near the rear field. Our site was very nice, level and we had good 30 amp power and good water pressure. No cable and little TV, but perfect for satellite. There was no one assigned on either side of us, but it seems like they stagger units as previously mentioned. I guess if you were pulling in with friends, you would like to be facing them, otherwise it might not be so good. I don't know how they handle this when they are at capacity, so you may want to ask if it is an issue for you. Campground is about 1 mile off the highway, easy on and off and there is a Sunoco diesel station at the exit with separate truck island that makes this a perfect overnight in my mind. Not a destination for me, but I would certainly return for overnight. My rating of 7 indicates a park that I like for an overnight stop. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Camp Bell Campground