Nearby Chenango Forks, New York (Air Miles)
Chenango Valley State P
Practical Bible College
Discovery Center - Bingha
Ross Park Zoo
Binghamton University
Sams Club 2441 Vestal Pky E (Located To Block)
2405 Vestal Pky E
Chenango Forks, New York

8   8   6   5   7
yes  question  yes  no  yes
yes  question  yes  no  yes
We camped here for the first time. We stayed in the Pine Bluffs loop on an electric site. It was shady and not too close to the neighbors. Other sites in the same loop were more open. There is a nice golf course in the park. The Pine Bluffs loop was walking distance to both the golf course and the beach area. We only stayed one night, but on a longer stay I would have like to rent a canoe or kayak to check out the lake. The only down side was that the shower had a push-button timer that only let the water run for about 45 sec. Also, there was limited hooks/shelf/bench to keep stuff dry while showering. However, the bathrooms were clean. We camped here in a Truck Camper.
I knew I would not get a site with electric hookup when I showed up but I wanted to stay at this park anyhow. So I chose a site in the Sunrise section (ranger stated it was more private spots). I stayed in site 6. It was a great spot. My 39' RV fit easily and any 45' would fit as well in this spot. It was nice and shady, had a lot of privacy, and was very level. The park is a nice park, not really large, but big enough. Riding bicycles within the park is great as the roads were empty most of the time. There was a beach area and lots of families were at the park enjoying a lot of the activities. There is a dump station with potable water. The water faucets throughout the park had no hose hookup so keep that in mind if you think you'll need water. The rangers and their help were very friendly and quite helpful. I would camp here again as I'd like to stay in one of the electric sites instead of boon docking for three days like I did. We camped here in a Motorhome.
This state park is beautiful. The roads need some serious work, especially the campground roads, which are terrible. We appreciated the 50 amp electric service, which was good, but the park has made itself a short-term-stay-park for travel trailers and motor homes due to the lack of water and sewer at the sites. That is too bad. The sites are dirt, but the roads are paved with serious potholes. There is a beautiful golf course in the park and a beach-type swimming area in the lake. If the roads were repaired and water/sewer added at the sites, the park would be full all through the season. We would stay again for a couple days. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Chenango Valley State Park