Nearby Conesus, New York (Air Miles)
4300 Lakeville Rd
2012-05-14 08:45:06
Conesus, New York
April 2012

2   3   6   4   2
no  question  yes  question  question
no  question  question  question  question
April 2012
This park is built on the side of a hill. It is steep to enter and exit. Bring a lot of lumber for leveling. There are old decks alongside trailers that are falling down. It is 50 years old and it looks it. There have been no improvements to the sites at all. If you have a rig over 30' do not even bother. Sites are not deep enough to handle rigs built today. Buildings at the park are in need of improvement and remodeling. It is an RV park trying to be a mobile home park. We would never stay here again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
July 2011
This would have been a great vacation if the staff wasn't so rude! I stayed in a rented RV that was on their site for 2 nights, with my Husband and Son. The lights and outlets in the Kitchen did not work and we asked for it to be fixed 3 times. Finally on the last day they decided to come and fix it as we were packing to go home. When we arrived, the camper was somewhat clean but still I cleaned everything before unpacking. Before I left I cleaned the counters, brought the trash down, cleaned the bathroom and swept the deck and inside of the camper. The first Friday night there was a huge fight with a group of people a couple of sites down and they were screaming, swearing and the guy actually punched the windshield of a car and broke it. We had 2-4 year old kids with us. Nothing was done about that because they were there all weekend! My family also came up for the day, went shopping in the store and paid $3 per person to stay for the day and they were also very rude to them. They asked them more than once if they were staying the night and they said no, they were just there to have dinner and go swimming. It seemed as if they didn't believe them and that they were going to try and stay the night without paying the $6 fee! They left at around 9pm and had mentioned how rude the lady was in the office/store. When we took the kids to the pool we were not allowed to jump, splash, talk loud, through any kind of balls, basically you were only allowed to stand in the pool! The life guard told the kids to stop 3 times and they were just laughing loud. I usually never complain but this time I really feel that people should know what they are getting into before camping here. My family and I go camping at least twice a month and I have never met more rude people. I feel that if you own a business you should treat your customers a lot better, especially when they are spending a lot of money. I even tried to compliment them on the store and she wouldn't even look at me or respond. To me this was not a family campground. We felt uncomfortable even going into the store because of how we were treated. I will NEVER go camping here again. We camped here in a Campground Cabin.
August 2010
Like the other comments on this site, the campground is very steep. We walked down to the store and the other playground, and then had to walk back up. This was not too fun. Our site was up at the top of the park. Overall, I didn't have a problem getting my hybrid trailer up here. I pull it with a V8 Grand Cherokee. My 3 year old son really liked playing at the playground area. The pool was nice and clean. We were close enough that we just walked down there, so we didn't deal with parking. The few interactions that we had with the staff were pleasant and the camp store was well stocked like others said. I had to ask where the dump station was as it wasn't clearly marked. As for leaving, I put the truck in 4 wheel drive low range, and drive 1, and just idled down the hill. But like others said, it is really steep, and I could see your truck brakes heating up when heading down the hill. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Conesus Lake Campground
May 2007

May 2007
This campground is mostly seasonal. It appears there are only nine sites for short term camping. Two of the nine sites were shady. All nine sites are at the top of a steep incline. It was no problem pulling a pop-up. The sites offer a gorgeous view of Conesus Lake. The owners and the seasonal campers were very friendly. The campground has a beach on Conesus Lake which is accessible by crossing East Lake Road. There is about a three or four minute walk down and back up that steep hill to reach the restrooms. A porta-pottie is placed up on the hill in case the walk is too far. The restrooms were very clean. There is one shower in the ladies room and it is right by the entrance. There is no changing area to dress, so it does require some thoughtful planning to enter and exit the shower discreetly. The two toilets were in very narrow stalls. I was told the men's room is similar. They have hiking trails that we did not have time to explore. I would definitely camp here again. We camped here in a Tent Trailer.