206485 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Farmington, New York (Air Miles)
Finger Lakes Race Track
2013-09-08 17:05:20
Farmington, New York

yes  question  question  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes
yes  question  question  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes
Stayed here over the Labor day weekend for 6 days. Staff was nice and friendly and aware of trouble with 50 amp service at our pull though site #73 when arrived and fixed with new circuit breaker, very clean and well kept. Everyone was friendly including the seasonal people. Lots of kids here over the holiday weekend and they had many activities for them. Though not large by any means, it is big enough with walking trails in the woods, fishing pond were they had a contest for largest fish caught (catch and release), fenced dog area, nice patio area on the big rig sites. Downtown Canandaigua is less than 10 miles and has a nice park at the north end of the lake. Will return when in the area. We camped here in a Motorhome.
May 2013
This was our second time staying here. Both were just overnighters. Stayed in site #76 in 2012 & #73 in 2013. Improved the sites dramatically but in doing so, they nickel and dime you on everything. Each Kid: $5/kid/day. 50 amp: $4/day. Big Rig/patio: $5 per day. So our $37.00 turned into $51.00. The patio sites are nice, fairly level. Again, didn't get to use anything because it was their opening season. Just opened the pool so you had to wait due to excess chemicals. No internet because they were updating. As a business owner, I would have done the updating PRIOR to opening weekend. Jumping pillow was deflated. The store was adequately supplied with everything one might need. For a $10 donation to Camp Care, you can get a bottle of local wine. Tempting but anytime you have to change or cancel a reservation, you are charged $10. Don't get me wrong. Not complaining, just getting tired of the $1 here and the $5 here and: "Since you have a big rig, we put you in a big rig site and that includes a patio, but we won't tell you that it's an additional fee." They were very pleasant as they swiped your card though. Above, it automatically said YES to waterfront sites. The only water here is a "Critter Pond" with a possible stream that flows above and below it. Some sites were on the pond, the cabins and the w/e sites. This KOA was no different than others. The roads are gravel. There appeared to be seasonal campers also and the "BIG RIGS" had to make the turn to get into #76-#71 just right. Did I mention that we are both experienced "BIG RIG" operators? Saying this, we would have had difficulty had the "seasonals" had their vehicles parked along the road. On their map it reads, "OVERFLOW PARKING". Again, let me stress, that they were friendly. We camped here in a Motorhome.
October 2012
My pull through site was flat and level. It was composed of crushed rock. The site was barely 52 feet long. To keep my trailer and truck in the site, I needed 30 feet of fresh water hose to reach my trailer. I had to back my trailer in at an angle after disconnecting so I could stay off the road. The site had a picnic table and fire pit. Good access roads. The free Wi-Fi was excellent. No cable. The over air TV was strange. T.V. signal kept cutting out every three or 4 minutes for 5-10 seconds at a time. The office staff said they had never heard of this problem. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Canandaigua / Rochester KOA