Nearby Hopewell Junction, New York (Air Miles)
Banta'S Steak & Stein -
Sams Club?I-84:13N 56W Merritt Blvd (Located To Street)
Hudson'S Ribs & Fish
Hopewell Junction
Sylvan Lake Beach Park
2014-07-16 13:52:18
Hopewell Junction, New York

question  question  question  question  question  yes  question  question  no  question
question  question  question  question  question  yes  question  question  question  question
Decent place to stay, no amenities, far from the expressway, not cheap. On our way to the Boston area from the west, we needed an overnight spot with full-hookups and in the area, there was not much other choice. I called ahead and spoke to the manager. Very nice fellow. He told me he could accommodate me. He warned me to use the directions from their website. We did and it took us right there without worrying about low clearances. At the office, using the outdoor wall phone, we called the number indicated and the manager was there quickly. He took our $45 payment (accepts credit cards now) and escorted us to our site. It was a 50 foot deep back in. No problem. Note that the sewer was at the back of the site. I was able to reach with my standard (long) sewer hose. We didn't use the cable but saw the hookup. 50 amp power was fine. Water pressure was low (about 30 PSI). We felt safe. I'd stay here again if I needed to stop in the area for an overnight. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
August 2012
Where do we start? The beginning is always a good place. We actually booked this through email with no money down. I thought that was strange; however, the manager asked me to send him an email. When we arrived, the long unkempt road should have been a hint of things to come. Narrow and in need of a few repairs, we trekked through to a "shack" that served as an unmanned office. Almost immediately after arriving a gentleman showed up and introduced himself as the manager. When I tried to pay by credit card he told me that they didn't accept them. Luckily, friends were staying on the next site and they had cash on them. The site was nice and pretty level. The sewer hook up was all the way in the back of the site and my hose just made it. Wi-Fi was non existent as was cable TV. Bring your own dish. I asked for and received an open view of the sky. The lake was great even though I did not swim in it. It was warm and clean. My grandson would not go in as the fish were quite visible and looking for hand outs. There was NO store, No pool and NOTHING to do. There weren't many children around and few campers. Most of the few that were here, stayed to themselves. I wouldn't recommend the camp unless you are looking to do NOTHING. If so, I'd rate it a 9.5. We camped here in a Motorhome.
June 2012
We camped here for one night but I wish it could have been longer. It is beautiful. The lake is amazing with a swimming area. The sites are all back-ins but are easy. Roads are paved but sites are on half grass, half gravel. It is a little hard to find because you cannot drive your RV on the Taconic State Parkway so you have to drive a little out of the way to get here. The driving instructions are excellent on the website. Great site and I would love to come back again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Sylvan Lake Beach Park