206928 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Hopewell Junction, New York (Air Miles)
Banta'S Steak & Stein -
Sams Club?I-84:13N 56W Merritt Blvd (Located To Street)
Hudson'S Ribs & Fish
Sylvan Lake Beach Park
2012-08-19 18:29:36
Hopewell Junction, New York
August 2012

question  question  question  question  yes  question  question  no  question  no
question  question  question  question  yes  question  question  question  question  no
August 2012
Where do we start? The beginning is always a good place. We actually booked this through email with no money down. I thought that was strange; however, the manager asked me to send him an email. When we arrived, the long unkempt road should have been a hint of things to come. Narrow and in need of a few repairs, we trekked through to a "shack" that served as an unmanned office. Almost immediately after arriving a gentleman showed up and introduced himself as the manager. When I tried to pay by credit card he told me that they didn't accept them. Luckily, friends were staying on the next site and they had cash on them. The site was nice and pretty level. The sewer hook up was all the way in the back of the site and my hose just made it. Wi-Fi was non existent as was cable TV. Bring your own dish. I asked for and received an open view of the sky. The lake was great even though I did not swim in it. It was warm and clean. My grandson would not go in as the fish were quite visible and looking for hand outs. There was NO store, No pool and NOTHING to do. There weren't many children around and few campers. Most of the few that were here, stayed to themselves. I wouldn't recommend the camp unless you are looking to do NOTHING. If so, I'd rate it a 9.5. We camped here in a Motorhome.
June 2012
We camped here for one night but I wish it could have been longer. It is beautiful. The lake is amazing with a swimming area. The sites are all back-ins but are easy. Roads are paved but sites are on half grass, half gravel. It is a little hard to find because you cannot drive your RV on the Taconic State Parkway so you have to drive a little out of the way to get here. The driving instructions are excellent on the website. Great site and I would love to come back again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
October 2011
I grew up in Hopewell Junction, but moved out of the area 30 years ago. Back in the day, this was a day-use park, with limited camping (tent only). The beach area is now only available for those camping here, and not to the public. The road in is in very poor shape, and we were wondering if we should go on. We were parked up the hill in the "Meadow", and the camping area itself was OK. The hookups are old, and the sewer is all the way at the back of the site, so make sure you have plenty of sewer hose. (We had to go to Wal-Mart in Fishkill to get another 10-foot section). We had 50 amp power, decent water pressure and good view of the sky for the satellite. They only accept cash or checks, and it's $45 per nite, no tax. Way overpriced for what you get, but there is nothing else in the area, and it was convenient for us as we were visiting friends in the area. The bathhouse/laundry room combo is a JOKE! There is only one shower stall each for men and women, and there is only 1 washer and one dryer, and it shares space with various tools and the snow blower, plus it's a hike down the hill from the campsites to even use it. It hasn't been updated since I left here in 1981. AND you have to pay 50 cents for 10 minutes of shower use! There are several seasonals in the campground, but they seemed friendly, and kept their lots neat. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Sylvan Lake Beach Park