Nearby Jamestown, New York (Air Miles)
Ironstone
Sams Club 720 Fairmont (Located To Street)
MacDuff's

yes (Stream)
10   10   6   8   7   7   8   7
question  yes  no  question  question  question  question  yes
question  yes  no  question  question  question  question  yes
What a gorgeous park! Lovely friendly people and very accommodating. Could easily spend a week here if we had the time. The pool looks very welcoming. The propane station was easily accessible right in front of the office. I have a heavy rig and have had trouble in wet areas in the past. Was a little worried about the site being grassy but was assured that there was plenty of gravel under the grass. Got set up and all seems very stable and there has been plenty of rain the past couple of days. The grass actually makes for a very homey feel to the site. We camped here in a Motorhome.
My family and I enjoy our time each year at Hidden Valley Camping Area. We are treated like family every time we enter the grounds. The activities available are appropriate for kids of all ages (2-90). Everyone has a great time! Over the winter they upgrade the restrooms in the pavilion and they are amazing! The daily trash pickup is a great new feature, keeps our site clean and animal free. It is so nice to see them taking pride in their campground. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
July 2012
I had power problems here. Could not use the 50 amp service. I suspected I might have problems with the power but let the EMS do its job. My EMS shut it down and a check of the voltage at the pedestal confirmed one leg was low 106 to 108 vac. Park maintenance came to check it out, but as it was a weekend could not do anything about it. I had to jury rig to the 30 amp plug as that leg had correct voltage but had to alternate using my front and rear air cond on the 30 amp. Stayed an additional night due to the extreme heat and not wanting to travel on the hot day. Thought mgmt might offer a discount due to the low voltage but no dice. They did offer to move me but a check of that site also showed a marginal voltage. There is a small ramped bridge to cross when entering the park and it has wood planking in poor condition with some nail heads sticking up. It was quiet at night, but plenty of yapping dogs during the day. Showers and restrooms in poor to fair condition and very dated. Very good Wi-Fi, Verizon cell service was spotty but useable. Supposedly new owners, but I did not see any updates or improvements. I will not be staying there again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Hidden Valley Camping Area