Nearby Johnstown, New York (Air Miles)
233 5Th Ave Extension

8   9   7   7
question  question  question  question
question  question  question  question
July 2011
Although not conveniently close to the Thruway, this park is worth the drive, even for one night. It's a well-maintained, quiet, wooded setting, with a few pull-through sites which can accommodate large rigs. In our case, we did not want to unhitch our tow vehicle. Owners are terrific. It's "fun" to have ice cream within walking distance on a summer night. There are many well-kept seasonal sites around a lovely lake. Kids might become bored,for a long stay. Major down side is absence of dumping facilities. Mobile sewer service. We camped here in a Motorhome.
April 2011
This small park, populated by primarily seasonal campers is a gem! While not the fanciest, the personalities of the owners are, as the commercial states, priceless. The park is several miles to the west of Johnstown and I became lost as I was attempting to locate it. I called, explained my predicament and one of the owners not only supplied directions but was waiting for me at the side of the road when I arrived. The other owner guided me to my site, and engaged in several minutes of pleasant conversation. I really felt welcomed here. The owners operate a popular ice cream stand on site that also offers a limited food menu. The Verizon cell signal is weak and their broadband coverage is nonexistent. Satellite reception might be a problem due to tree coverage in the campground. We camped here in a Motorhome.
April 2010
The owners/managers were kind enough to accommodate us with a site even though they were not officially going to open for another week. We certainly appreciated that. Since we were the only people in the campground, it is hard to give it a valid rating. Our site was level and nice. The sites are in the trees so satellite TV was not possible. Our Verizon aircard did not work here. It should be noted that the sites are in the trees and maneuvering among the trees is a bit difficult. I am not too sure about this being big-rig friendly, but perhaps some sites would work. The sites do not have sewer, so a trip to the dump is required. As noted in earlier reviews, you can hear road noise, but not too bad. Overall, a nice place with nice folks running the park. We would stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Royal Mountain Campsites