Nearby Newfield, New York (Air Miles)
AOR2135
Pinecreek Campground
2012-07-25 22:41:45
Newfield, New York
July 2012

no  no  question  no  yes  question  question  question  yes  yes
yes  yes  question  question  yes  question  question  question  yes  yes
July 2012
We prefer public campgrounds over private, and we went to Pinecreek because there was no space available in nearby Robert Treman State Park. However, we found the things that we value about state parks were available at Pinecreek Campground: spacious sites, most with mature (pine) trees providing good shade; a small pond and an unobstructed view of countryside and rolling hills, providing a very pleasant sunset view. We stayed on the western loop. Some extended-stay campers are set up, but they are all in attractive condition. Biggest negatives: sanitation issues. The toilet areas were really not very good. Otherwise, the restroom / showers were acceptable, but dated. Biggest yuck was the droppings of the Canada geese all around the pond. Made for a challenging walk! We enjoyed our visit and would be happy to return here. We camped here in a Motorhome.
August 2010
This was our second stay at this campground. It is very convenient to Ithaca, both Cornell, Ithaca collage's and Finger Lake wineries. There are some sites that have absolute beautiful views of the surrounding hills across open meadows. However, many of their sites are in more wooded areas that the site's are below road grade and you may be parked on grass. Got stuck in our class A very badly last year though the owner was kind enough to pull us out the next day and give us one of the open vista sites. Why they (or me) even allowed us to attempt to park there is a mystery. On this last visit I went to dump my tanks before set up and noticed that the station was locked. Staying only two nights I just went and set up. Upon check out in the pouring rain I walked up to the office and inquired about the locked dump station and was told by the owner in a very indifferent tone that it would be " ten bucks to dump"! Telling him I had never heard of paying to dump while being one of their guests did not matter to him as he explained all of his business costs to me. This and the fact that though the shower and bathrooms were reasonably clean, the sinks were not and the showers were set to give less that a trickle of water. Would I stay here again? Maybe as my wife and I do like visiting this area once a year at least and if you can get a site by the meadow I guess I would put up with some of their negatives. We camped here in a Motorhome.
August 2009
We camped here and used it as our base to tour the Watkins Glen and Ithaca areas. The campground does not offer any activities, but if you are just looking for a home base or a quiet campground this is the place. The sites were a nice size, level and clean. The pool was clean. The camper next to us did not have a good hook up for his sewer and we could smell his sewer on and off. The seasonal campers were mostly friendly, (there are not a lot of seasonal campers). Also, we did not have to spend our time dodging golf carts as you do at some campgrounds. It was not packed full over the weekend and we enjoyed the peace and quiet and relaxing atmosphere. I would rate higher if there were activities and there was no sewer smell from our neighbor. We will return if we tour the area again. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Pinecreek Campground