206609 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Old Forge, New York (Air Miles)
Mccauley Mountain Ski A
May 2013

yes  question  yes  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  question  yes
yes  question  yes  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  question  yes
May 2013
We had a waterfront site, which was a little tight getting in to with our 28' RV. The sites are nicely maintained after each camper leaves. We were able to fish directly from our site and able to launch a kayak. The restrooms are clean. Many activities are offered throughout the weekend. Laundry facilities are available for use, and very clean. The office has paddle boats and canoes for rent. We visit this campground yearly and have never had a bad experience with the campground or staff. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
July 2012
This was an unexpected stay while we were in Old Forge. I called to see if we could get a last minute, 3 night stay and was helped by a gentleman at the reservation desk. He was very helpful and got us a site. We were hoping for a full hookup site, but they only had water/electric sites available for our size travel trailer. Not too much of an issue since we really were only sleeping here and they offered clean-out services. The sites that we saw were of varying sizes, and somewhat close together, which is one of the reasons I didn't rate it higher. The other reason is that air conditioners are not allowed to be run unless you have your own generator. It was quite hot and humid in the Adirondacks the week we visited. Quiet hours were indeed, quiet. The sites themselves were very well kept and raked out after each visitor left. There was a lake for swimming, canoeing and fishing and an affiliation with the water park nearby. The store was large and well stocked and all employees that we encountered were very helpful and friendly. I thought it was a wonderful family camp ground. I would recommend staying here. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
June 2012
The overall ambiance of this park is truly Adirondack authentic. Every site is wooded, including those suited for larger RVs such as our 38' Class A. The sites were well maintained and raked prior to our arrival but many were not level. Admittedly, keeping sites natural AND level is a challenge. I prefer natural. The 'fire ring' is actually a ring of stones. If you are using the fire to cook you will need a self-supporting grate. The restrooms were clean and the shower facilities offered private dressing area for each. We camped here in early season and the price reflects the off-peak discount. Our experience also does not reflect the true picture of what it might be like during very busy times when the resources are fully taxed. The weather was very cool for a June weekend but a/c is not allowed. Again, it was not busy so we had no electrical outages. I'm guessing that's not a huge problem for most nights in the Adirondacks. We saw no bears on our trip. The cabins are the truly amazing and they are building more! Each looks like an authentic cabin and is situated nicely even though there are many in the park. VERY rustic feel to this campground. We did not camp with children so those types of amenities are of little importance to us. Staff was friendly and helpful. Will definitely camp here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Old Forge Camping Resort
July 2008

yes (River)
July 2008
I just recently stayed at the camp and felt compelled to write a review after I found many bad reviews of this campground. We had nothing but a grand time at the campground. We tent camped and had a site right on the river. It was absolutely beautiful. The owners of the campground were extremely friendly and went out of their way to make sure our stay was happy and safe. To the point when we were heading to the trash dumpster they saw we were struggling with a big bag and drove us over to the dumpster in their golf cart! I have gone to many campgrounds in New York and found the bathrooms at Singing Waters to be the cleanest I have ever seen and when I went to use the facilities in the morning there was someone always in there cleaning. On our site we were able to put two good size tents, a screen house and two cars. If you plan on staying at Singing Waters spend the extra money for a river site. You will not be disappointed. We camped here in a Tent.
August 2005
I found the owners of this camp to be extremely friendly. They clearly wanted to be helpful, and that goes a long way with me. Unfortunately, the sites are extremely close to one another. The clientele when we were there was LOUD, drunken and uncouth. We retreated a day early as a result. The bathrooms were very dirty. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.