Nearby Roscoe, New York (Air Miles)
Mountainview

4   1   7
no  no  yes
no  no  yes
June 2009
No amenties... Nothing for the kids... Boring ... Cheap but not really worth it ! We camped here in a Tent Trailer.
June 2009
The price reflects the service, amenties and style of the grounds. As for me I'll happily pay a few extra bucks for family owned and operated campsite. We camped here in a Motorhome.
July 2008
We dry camped 20 feet from the river. Beautiful location. Very few amenities. Only the most rugged RVs attempt this. On the West side, there are small roads with potholes. Mostly paved through campground. On the East side, rugged large stones and difficult to maneuver, but easier access by highway 151. Dogs need vaccination records. Bears in the area. Beautiful covered bridge (no autos) and great trout fishing. If your rig can take it, go for it. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
May 2010

yes  question
May 2010
We just returned from a four day weekend at Roscoe Campsites and I wish I could have spent a week. This is an old school (but really clean) campground. This is not a campground that is going to babysit your children. No game room, no Sunday ceramics, etc. If your children like to fish, tube, or swim in the cleanest river holes, then they will love it. There is also a playground, hiking trails, and plenty of places to ride their bikes. This is heavily populated with Fly fisherman, so please respect them when they are on the water during fly hatches. Most sites are shaded but there are a few down below that will require an awning and/or a 10 x 10 dining tent. (We were in these and we did fine). If you get hot, and the river is low, just put a chair in the water, or head up to the rock beach. The owner and his staff did everything they could to make us feel at home. What a "standup guy" this owner is! We had three families: kids ages ranged from 10 to 15, and everyone had fun. We had a 31' Travel trailer, a 39" 5th wheel, and our other friend rented one of the newer trailers onsite (a fairly new and spotless Cougar.) There is a large bathroom and shower house which was spotless. Plenty of firewood onsite, and a pretty well stocked general store with ice for sale. They also have tube rentals if needed. This is a fisherman’s heaven. If you like to fish, then stop in town for the most knowledgeable fly fisherman by far. Great fly shops, general store, and beer wine, etc., all available. There is no sewer hookups on the riverfront sites because if it were to flood, it would not be good for the river. Water and electric worked fine, and a honey truck to pump if needed. As a dog owner myself, my only complaint would be to have a leash law for the dogs. WiFi would be great as well, but I would like to see that at every campground. That would probably kill the rustic feel I suppose. We are pretty particular where we camp, and I can tell you we have already booked for next year. We are hoping to sneak back in August. We can’t wait to go back. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
September 2008
Park is a dump. The worst I have seen in 17 years of camping. The entry driveway is about a 8% grade narrow with potholes. The photos of the rv sites on the web site are the seasonal sites not available to short term stays.The sites for short term stay no 50 amp no sewer hookup, some of the wire for electric box hookups just a bare wire laying on the ground or nailed to trees. On one to check you in upon arrival. I saw owner a day after I arrived and complained about the park not matching website and the electric wires.Owner ask me to leave the park he also charged my credit card for a week stay. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.

yes (Stream)
8   9   9   4   5   5   6
yes  yes  yes  question  no  yes  yes
yes  yes  yes  question  no  yes  yes
June 2009
Loved this campground. Tucked in a valley in the Catskill mnts, with a beautiful stream running through it. Great place.. Peaceful.. Family oriented.. Friendly people.. Great place to camp in tents. trailers or a pop up. Cute cabins too. We are going to try to visit again in the fall its gotta be gorgeous there then. We camped here in a Tent.
June 2009
What I loved most about this place is, its a campground and not an RV parking lot. Its an older campground that has been family operated for over 40 years. Its very welcoming with lots of character.. The grounds are beautiful.. The people very friendly.. I loved camping along the stream.. The restrooms were older buildings but kept spotless.. Bravo to the staff.. Every year we go back and it seems they are constantly improving the grounds. I'll be back Russell Brook !!! We camped here in a Tent Trailer.
June 2009
Normally, I don't post reviews but saw this one and had to comment. The previous post is totally off. The camp store was always open when I was there. The staff was so nice and helpful, made you feel welcomed. The bathrooms where older buildings but kept spotless!!! So were the grounds and the pool. There were a variety of beautiful campsites for tenters, pop up and trailers. We will definitely go back. It beautiful there. To the previous poster maybe you should sell your camper and start doing the hotel thing... We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Russell Brook Campsite
February 2009

question  no
question  no
February 2009
This camp was never a dump.. But, it is out of business now due to flooding of the beaverkill river a few years ago. We camped here in a Tent.
September 2005
Over-run by seasonals who keep their sites littered with trash. 15 amp service. They don't allow tote tanks - but will charge $8 for their dumping service. Bathroom garbage had something dying in it - was never emptied during our week-long stay. Young couple took over from father, office was never open during the week. Roscoe NY is adorable - this place is a dump. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.