206669 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Weedsport, New York (Air Miles)
Riverforest Park

yes (River)
4   1   3   3   8   7
no  no  yes  question  question  question
no  no  yes  question  question  question
We booked this campground stay prior to reading the other reviews. Needless to say we were a bit worried considering the negative comments. This is certainly a campground that is best utilized for those wishing to park their RV while actually being out exploring the area and offerings within the Central NY area. Such things as wineries, state fairs, malls and such ease of access to NYS Thruway make this campground a viable option. That being said, this is a campground that has over 200 sites as listed, but a very large majority of them are held by perms or seasonal campers. The main area for the weekend transient camper is a large field with no shade options and the utilities are based upon a single pole shared for 4 sites. With this type of set up you will need to be sure to have a very long power cord and water hose in which to connect. The bathrooms were in need of light though maybe they were kept dark to ensure those who use the bathrooms are not easily able to see how dirty and buggy they are. But in the days of so many trailers having their own bathrooms this isn't such a large deal. Now as for the pool, it is large and in ground and water was clean. I would suggest bringing your own chair as very few are provided by park. Additionally, I would say that there is not much in the way of quiet hours for those in range of restraurant and bar due to the nice outside deck that attracts many bar goers to hang out and talk, laugh, and enjoy themselves till last call. Over all, this is a campground that has potential, but could use a store (must drive to town for ice, wood, etc) and some more attention to detail, but is a place should I need to park my trailer to sleep in, I would think about going back to. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
I booked for a week and left after 3 days of motorcycles revving, loud patrons all night long, disgusting pool, a pond that looks like it collects the sewage from the place, dirty bathrooms, etc. I should have known when I arrived and the male at the gate was rude and did not seem to know about the campground. It looks nice online, but stay away! There is not one redeeming quality about this place. We camped here in a Tent Trailer.
July 2010
I really wanted to like this campground, I really did. It is an easy location off the highway, close to my family and also close to a bunch of wineries, has a pool and a bar/restaurant. First off, I booked a "deluxe full hook up" site on their website (as opposed to standard water/electric or deluxe river front). Full hook up to them means water and electric. (They have since changed this on their website.) We burned up 3 electrical plugs while at this campground. On checking the service we found the electrical to be running around 97v on the bad, 105v on the good. Luckily we did not destroy any of our equipment! Saturday we decided to hit the pool. While there we noticed that the water level was a good 3" under the filters: quite nasty with all of the kids in the pool. We notified the office who told us they thought it had been taken care of. The pool remained under filled (and therefore unfiltered) the whole 5 days we were here. Monday we returned after hiking in one of the parks to find we had just a trickle of water. We thought that maybe we clogged our filter (the water coming from the spigot was brownish). It was not our filter and after checking several spigots came to find that it was the campground. We figured that with all of the people leaving maybe their pressure was low. Tuesday was more of the same. We were told that the campground "ran out of water" and they were working on the problem. We were leaving anyway so we packed up and got out as quickly as possible. On a good note, the restaurant turned out some pretty good food and the fireworks display was impressive for a campground. This is the first time in 15 years of camping that I said "NEVER AGAIN" about a campground. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for River Forest Park Campground