Nearby Weedsport, New York (Air Miles)
Riverforest Park

yes (River)
2   2   4   1   3   3   8   7
yes  no  no  no  yes  question  question  question
yes  no  no  no  yes  question  question  question
Despite the large number of seasonal campers, this entire campground needs some love in my opinion. As other reviews say, the roads are rough, the bathrooms and restrooms need a make over and sites are just out in the open, for weekenders, from what I saw. At least my site was level. The campground was noisy most nights but one night very loud music was going until after 2 AM. I and the person in the next site complained and while management "apologized" for the noise, the loud campers seemed to know exactly who complained and were obnoxious about it. Besides the noise I saw an unusual amount inconsiderate behavior like cleaning fish on the picnic tables that belong to other sites. To me that and the general condition tell me that management does not run a very tight ship. When we go back to the area, we will look for a different campground. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
What a joke! Miniature golf??? Looks to have been closed for years. Overgrown and not usable. Showers/restrooms right out of the 70's. Infested with flying bugs (no screen doors) If you have a seasonal site there is shade, if not, good luck. We were in the middle of a grassy field. Our MH sunk in about 3 inches before we left. NO SHADE AT ALL! Pool looks ok, but lots of kids splashing around. No night patrol or lights. Laundry also directly out of the 70's. This whole place needs huge amount of TLC. What sewer hookups there were (none in the non-seasonal sites) were just a corrugated plastic pipe sticking out of the ground. Scummy pond is still there. Who knows, perhaps this is where the sewer does go. You can find MUCH BETTER parks fairly close by. I will not be back and suggest you do not go there as well. THIS WAS THE PITTS!!! We camped here in a Motorhome.
We booked this campground stay prior to reading the other reviews. Needless to say we were a bit worried considering the negative comments. This is certainly a campground that is best utilized for those wishing to park their RV while actually being out exploring the area and offerings within the Central NY area. Such things as wineries, state fairs, malls and such ease of access to NYS Thruway make this campground a viable option. That being said, this is a campground that has over 200 sites as listed, but a very large majority of them are held by perms or seasonal campers. The main area for the weekend transient camper is a large field with no shade options and the utilities are based upon a single pole shared for 4 sites. With this type of set up you will need to be sure to have a very long power cord and water hose in which to connect. The bathrooms were in need of light though maybe they were kept dark to ensure those who use the bathrooms are not easily able to see how dirty and buggy they are. But in the days of so many trailers having their own bathrooms this isn't such a large deal. Now as for the pool, it is large and in ground and water was clean. I would suggest bringing your own chair as very few are provided by park. Additionally, I would say that there is not much in the way of quiet hours for those in range of restraurant and bar due to the nice outside deck that attracts many bar goers to hang out and talk, laugh, and enjoy themselves till last call. Over all, this is a campground that has potential, but could use a store (must drive to town for ice, wood, etc) and some more attention to detail, but is a place should I need to park my trailer to sleep in, I would think about going back to. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for River Forest Park Campground