206622 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Wurtsboro, New York (Air Miles)
Nevele Grande Resort
Catskill Mountain Ranch
Catskill Mountain Ranch & Camping Club-538 Mt. Vernon Rd.
Rpi- Ny Catskill Mtn Ranch 538 Mt Vernon Rd Wurtsboro
Wurtsboro
Catskill Adventure Resort
2013-07-31 15:13:37
Wurtsboro, New York

yes  question  yes  question  no  yes  yes  yes  question  question
yes  question  yes  question  question  yes  yes  yes  question  question
I stayed here mid-week across from some friends who rented a cabin. Overall the park was nice and clean. There was a pool, skatepark, basketball, and softball field to keep the kids entertained. The site was level, however it was up a steep hill and I almost took out a sapling across the way trying to back in. My friend's cabin was very nice and clean with a small bathroom, kitchenette, and air conditioning. There were some negatives to our stay, most notably was that this seems to be a campground which leans heavily towards seasonal campers, and being there mid-week was like living in a ghost town. Also, with so few people there the store closed at 5pm and was out of ice while we were there. Although the pool was kept very clean, it was definitely in need of repairs and had big chunks of cement missing. The bathrooms were a long walk from our site, and the showers, although clean, were open air, meaning that they were private and had doors, but no roofs. Apparently you can't shower in the rain or your clothes will get soaked! Lastly, I was a bit annoyed that I had called before making online reservations to ensure that I would have a site across from my friend's cabin, only to be told upon check in that they weren't sure they had any sites available near the cabin. It all worked out in the end, so I guess all is well that ends well. We camped here in a Tent Trailer.
The staff is nice. The park has a lot of curb appeal. It's lovely, green, and spacious. There are many permanent cabins/trailers which are a mixture of nice and old/messy. There is an older large working pool. No real adult activity while we were here. The laundry room is small, in an old screened-in room. We stayed here for 6 nights through our ROD membership so didn't pay anything. The bugs weren't too bad but it did dump rain for a few days. The grass around our trailer was puddled most of the time. We drove to nearby Bashakill to a vineyard and the wildlife management area. We had lunch in Parkesville at Rolling River Cafe and drove to Bethel, NY to the Woodstock Museum. All-in-all a nice area. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
October 2012
This has become one of our favorite places to camp. We are mostly weekend campers with 3 children. There were plenty of organized activities (including arts & crafts) for the kids as well as a stocked fishing pond. The family entertainment at the pavilion was wonderful. The staff seems to go out of their way to help and are very courteous. (One note, if you’re pulling a camper and you’re smart, follow the directions on their web page, we didn't our first time and it was a big hill to climb.) Also, I’d like to comment on the breakfast buffet. If you are not in the mood for cooking, go to the breakfast buffet. The food (quality/price) was unbeatable. This was our third visit and we will camp there again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Catskill Adventure Resort