220520 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Danbury, North Carolina (Air Miles)
North Carolina
Danbury
Hanging Rock State Park
2012-08-13 15:51:32
Danbury, North Carolina
August 2012

8   10   8   8   7   9   8
yes  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  yes
yes  yes  question  yes  yes  question  yes
August 2012
First time here camping in our pop up. Stayed on site 19 which allowed plenty of room for our camper but backing in was a challenge. The drop off between the road and the campsite caused my rig to bottom out but we were able to finally get it in the site by very careful maneuvering. The bath house was fairly clean and there are doors on the shower stalls (mentioned in previous reviews that there were not). Beautiful park here with amazing trails and views. We will be back again. Did not see any travel trailers (would be a tight fit) and only about 3 pop ups. We camped here in a Tent Trailer.
May 2012
Very peaceful and relaxing. Lake beach nearby with various trails to waterfalls and lake with beach. Canoe rental. Diving platform in lake. Sandy bottom, clear water. Life guards on duty. Campfires permitted. Park gates lock at 9pm, so be aware that there is no getting out (or in) after 9pm until 7am the next morning. Keeps it quiet. Pull through sites are horseshoe shaped and limited. Road is paved and there is a camp host. Very nice area. We camped here in a Tent.
June 2010
We loved the hiking trails along with all the great waterfalls. The park itself is great and I would go back to the park multiple times. The campground is lacking water and electric which is a big turn off for me since I would like to take my 30 ft travel trailer. The restrooms / showers are very out-dated and showing their age. The showers don't have a changing room. Just a shower curtain that doesn't cover the stall opening. I personally don't care but the wife wouldn't quit "commenting" on it. I wish they would update the campground. If they did that, I would make it a regular trip each year with my travel trailer. The cabins are nice and has a full kitchen and air conditioning. We camped here in a Campground Cabin.
Display older reviews for Hanging Rock State Park