206553 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Edenton, North Carolina (Air Miles)
North Carolina

4   8   3   3   9   5
no  question  question  no  yes  yes
no  question  question  no  yes  yes
November 2013
I read reviews from previous campers who made negative remarks about bugs and the bathhouse. We camped at Rocky Hock anyway because it's November and the bugs are not an issue. Plus, we wanted to visit Edenton, and this is the only campground that offers full service within 25 mile range. I want to reiterate the complaints about the bathhouse. It is literally rotten. There are probably 30 campsites, but the bathhouse holds exactly one shower and one toilet for women and the same for men. The game room is quite run down. Like from the 60s. The sites are nicely spaced, but there is no screening between them. I would only camp here if your rig provides full bathhouse facilities and you don't mind full view of all other campsites. I gave the place a 4 because the grounds were neat and the owner was helpful. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
July 2010
Rocky Hock is not exactly a destination point, but there are several positive attributes to describe the campground. 1) It was easy to find; the signage was great, just follow the blue camping signs. 2) The sites are really large with easy access so you aren't on top of one another; a real plus since we were in a 41 foot Class A. 3) There is a par 3 course. 4) Our dogs were welcome. 5) We could choose our own site. We stayed in both a non-lake site and a lake site; go for the lake site. 6) There is a really nice "red barn" that is open on the weekend with live country music bands. 7) Relax by the campfire. 8) Visit surrounding farms for fresh produce. 9) Best of all, the family that owns the campground are extremely nice. Some of the other reviews mention gnats and mosquitoes; you are in the middle of cantaloupe and watermelon farms, so yes, you can expect some bugs. The restroom facilities do need some updating. Still, if I am back in the Edenton area, I'll go back to Rocky Hock. We camped here in a Motorhome.
June 2010
This campground did not have restroom facilities. However, that is not what bothered me. The gnats were terrible and they bothered us all day. Also there were these little burrs that stuck in our shoe strings, socks, and in the dogs fur. They were all over the grass area and felt like pins sticking us. When the sun went down the gnats left but the mosquitoes were so bad we couldn't stand to be outside. I would not go to this campground ever again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Rocky Hock Campground