220830 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Linwood, North Carolina (Air Miles)
Tt Nc Forest Lake 192 Thousand Trails Dr Advance (Wo 12/5-3/16) 336-998-4135,Ttnlt
37 Plaza Pky
September 2014

yes  question  yes  yes  question  question  yes  yes  yes  yes
yes  question  yes  yes  question  question  yes  yes  yes  yes
September 2014
Wonderful park with a great atmosphere. We stayed here over the weekend and were blown away. Very nice CG with great owners and campers alike. Pool was open even though we stayed after Labor Day and was clean and up to date. The Playground where my daughter spent most of her time was very large and clean and had plenty for her to do. WIFI worked great and the cable was pretty good too. We will stay here again and we recommend it to anyone. Only about 30 mins from Concord Mills and plenty of other local attractions. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Price reflects six day stay. Roads coming into the park to the office and around the pool are paved. Most of the interior roads are also paved. Sites are gravel and good sized in length and width. Excellent Cable TV. Wi-Fi only had one day it was a little slow, otherwise no complaints. Most sites have trees, some don't. Our site was unlevel side to side two inches. Does allow campfires. Easy in and out with a HDT and trailer (60 ft. combo) We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
We stayed here 5 nights. For a private campground it felt like being in a state park. All back-in sites have much space between them, with large trees separating the sites. Gravel pads, with picnic table and fire ring, along with full hookups. Playground for children. Main pull-through section sites have less space and no trees. It is not far from interstate, so there is road noise at night, but if you camp in the B section you are the farthest away from noise. It was constructed in 2009, and laid out well to give each site ample space and separation. Only a few criticisms: Shower room lights are on motion detect with timed delay shutoff. Wife was not happy to have the lights turn off in the middle of her night time shower. Their rules say "Please DO NOT set grills on picnic tables." I carry a table top grill and using it on the ground is very bad for my back, and I do not carry a separate stand for it. I did discuss this with the staff and they gave me permission, I think. Signage to find the campground could be better. The only signs directing one to the campground are in the form of street name signs. I didn't have the map with me, did not see the street sign with the campground name and a little arrow on it, and turned at the exit onto the wrong road and had to go a few miles before I could turn around my rig towing our car. No sign at the exit corner with directional arrow, nor at the next turn, like most campgrounds have. Only sign was at the actual driveway into the campground. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Cross Winds Family Campground