Nearby Moravian Falls, North Carolina (Air Miles)
1834 Winkler St

yes (Stream)
7   8   7
yes  question  question
question  question  question
Nice, shaded campground, with the waterfalls adding to the beautiful scenery. Very friendly staff who are very helpful to visitors, as it was our first time there. The majority of the lots are small and not paved, barely any gravel left, mostly grass. I recommend the lower lot, especially for visitors with larger motorhomes because the pond, office, bath house and everything is in the lower lot, and there IS a very sharp, steep turn to get into the upper lot. No pool, no playground for kids, but our kids still had fun. I recommend this campground for the beauty and quiet, and a 45 minute drive to Boone and Blowing Rock. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
November 2009
I recently stayed here for 2 weeks while working at a local hospital. The ONLY campsite in the area! The owners were incredibly helpful and very friendly to accommodate my needs. I'm in a 40' Class A, and please let me give you a warning! The camping area for 50 amp service is UP HILL! You have to make a very sharp (and wide) left-hand turn into the camp area, then up another hill on a sharp right-hand turn to get to your spot. Not for the "faint at heart" to climb. However, after you get up and settled in, the area is absolutely beautiful! I just so happened to hit it during the late Fall / Autumn. The near by Moravian Falls in practically in your back door, and it is very therapeutic to be around. I learned quickly that silence is loud! Well worth the stay, but don't think I'll be making the trip up the hill again. Probably stay in the lower part with the 30 amp services. (This is near the pool area) Hope you find it as wonderful and I did some day! We camped here in a Motorhome.
2003
This campground was clean and adequate, nothing fancy. It does have a beautiful waterfall right there at the campground! The lady who runs/owns it is very nice and eager to accommodate. I asked my husband how clean the bathrooms were and his reply was, "I've seen worse". Some references on the internet say this is a campground and water park, but since the waterslide isn't operational, the words "water park" should be removed from its title. They do have a swimming pool though and pretty pond to fish in. There's lots of shade! Some of the sites are small, but we managed to get our 26' 5th wheel in one of the larger ones without a whole lot of trouble. Only a few seasonals there. With a few improvements, this could be a really nice, beautiful campground. Wilkesboro and North Wilkesboro are just a couple of miles down the road. The Blue Ridge Parkway is between 20-30 miles away. Moravian Falls seems to be a friendly little town. It's in the foothills and a good, quiet location to camp if you don't want to tow your camper through the higher elevations. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.