Nearby Sims, North Carolina (Air Miles)
2500 Forrest Hills Rd W
2014-06-20 01:42:46
Sims, North Carolina

no  question  question  no  question  question  yes  question  no  yes
no  question  question  no  question  question  yes  question  no  yes
Easy access, and good signs on the way. Very rustic campground. All hookups were adequate, the water spigots are below the ground in a hole. Beware that for every two campsites, the hookups are on the same posts, therefore each camper pulls in different. And you will be facing your neighbor. Very awkward. As you and your neighbor sits under the awning, you seem like you are camping with them. Weird. The pool was nice but dirty. Every day we took our fishing minnow net and skimmed the pool and got all the bugs out before we went swimming. Typical run down campground. The owner is extremely nice and doesn't put up with rowdy, noisy people. He accommodated every request we had. The internet was very reliable. It was a good place to spend the night, but not an extended stay destination. If you have a visitor to visit, they will be banned from the pool, I guess liability issue? The campground needs a lot of work. We would possibly stay again if we needed a place to sleep, but not stay long. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Easy access off I-95. They made us feel welcome and guided us to our spot, which was level. Nice pool on premise. Spots were shaded which interfered with satellite TV reception, but kept them cooler. We will stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
May 2012
This is a very rustic campground in the middle of a farming neighborhood. The owner was very friendly and helped me hook up which was necessary because the water hookup was in a hole about 6 inches below the surface and it was full of muddy water. He used a cup to bail it out and then hooked up my water hose. I'll have to do it myself tomorrow morning since it's raining hard now and the hole is bound to fill up again. We are camped in an adequate pull-through site on a muddy pad. All the interior roads are muddy and rutted. The pool is closed and doesn't have much water in it. This place is fine for an overnight stop, but I wouldn't stay here again if it was raining. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Rock Ridge Campground