Nearby Statesville, North Carolina (Air Miles)
1116 Crossroads Dr
"Holiday Kamper 1220 Morland Drive (Located To Block, Not On Map!) Coming Soon"
North Carolina Auto Rac
2014-05-02 03:20:18
Statesville, North Carolina

yes  question  question  yes  yes  question  yes  question  yes  question
yes  question  question  yes  yes  question  yes  question  yes  question
We stayed here 4 years ago and liked it enough to stay again on this trip. Sites are level, utilities including cable and WIFI worked well, park including restrooms/showers are nice and clean, friendly manager. Highway noise is there but didn't disturb my sleep any. You should be aware that the park was full the night we stayed and was mid week so I would suggest advanced reservations be made. I would stay again We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
November 2013
Very nice campsite, with level sites, full services, and conveniently located off the highway. Laundry facilities were excellent, and the staff were super friendly. We would definitely stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
October 2013
We stayed here for one night while driving back home. While the staff was extremely friendly the campground is a little scary. Looks like some people have taken residence here for too long, some of the building are in need for repair and the sounds from the interstate are constant. We stayed on site #15 and noticed people sitting in the playground area drinking beer. Utilities worked fine and there is LTE service here from AT&T. This campground could be nicer if they removed some of the trailers they look like no one lives in them and cleaned up the buildings. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Statesville / I-77 KOA

yes  yes  question  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  no
yes  yes  question  question  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  no
I got last minute reservations so I can't complain much about the spot I got , but it was too small for my rig and too close to the neighbors. I was afraid to make a fire, it was so close. Pool is clean, but they must allow the public to pay to swim as all chairs are full with towels and people. Late night fireworks are tough on the dog. They have a few decent looking sites. It's overpriced for what you get here. Wi-Fi is extremely throttled to the point it's barely usable. The people seemed nice enough, but be careful here, you can really do some damage to your rig by dragging. I don't think I will come back. We camped here in a Motorhome.
As others have mentioned, this is a great campground if you are just passing through the area and need a place to stop the night. We arrived very late and I was surprised to find a very friendly gentleman waiting for us. He signed us in and guided us to our site, a pull through in a pretty much open field. We spent several days, visiting friends in the area, and all staff encounters were great, very nice people. The sites are mostly pull throughs in an open area. They are level, all have picnic tables, some have grills, but there are no fire rings and sites are close together. The highway is right next to the campground, and can be very noisy, though it did not bother us in the trailer with the A/C on. Bathhouses were nice, clean and well ventilated, with good lighting. The entire park was very clean and well kept. We would camp here again. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
The only reason I can give this a 2 rating is because the pool and the area surrounding it is one of the best that I have seen for a KOA. The store and the area surrounding is old and out of date. The putt putt area has seen better days. Check in was satisfactory. We stayed in this campground a couple of years ago and was dismayed to see that nothing has been done to the campsites. We were assigned the very same one as before and leveling was very difficult. It was a pull through site and to get anywhere near level you have to place the RV at the edge of the parking pad. There are lots of tall trees so satellite access can be difficult. The interior roads are full of potholes and have deep long tracks made in them by rain runoff. OK for a one night stay but certainly not a destination for us. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Statesville East I-40 Winston-Salem KOA