Nearby Bottineau, North Dakota (Air Miles)
Bottineau Winter Park Ski
North Dakota
Bottineau
Lake Metigoshe State Park
2013-06-28 22:49:44
Bottineau, North Dakota
July 2010

July 2010
Small city campground on the edge of the city park. Park is well maintained. Only six 50 amp sites available. Others are 30 amp. All are narrow and back in. Slides can be used, but the neighbors are 2-3 feet away. Showers are $2.00. While this park has it's limitations it provided a nice place while visiting relatives in the area. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.

yes (Stream)
9   8   5   8   9   6   8
yes  question  question  yes  yes  yes  yes
yes  question  question  yes  yes  yes  yes
Wonderful park with great shade and big pull through site in the reserved section. Only problems were not the park's fault: mosquitos and mud from rain. Otherwise a great place to stay and we will stay here again. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
August 2012
North Dakota State Parks seems to have a "thing" about making sites share water faucets. This is the third park I have encountered with this. The water faucet is located every two spaces, and it's in the front, right between the spaces. The faucet closest to me happened to have a splitter, but not all of them did. The 5th Wheel in the next spot over had enough hose to connect to the water faucet, but my 50 feet of hose was a tad bit short. I had to pull out into the driving road, block traffic, and fill up my tank. Ok, enough on the rant. Very nice park. I stayed in the loop that is "first come first serve." If you are in a big rig, I don't recommend staying in that loop. The loop for "reservations only" seemed to have longer sites, and more pull-throughs. I am in a 32 foot Class C and I had trouble finding a spot to fit. Glad I didn't have a toad. I did notice some spots in this loop that were very wide. I also noticed some "hookup" spots that were very small, maybe a Popup could fit, but nothing bigger. The spaces themselves are very private, with LOTS of vegetation between sites. However, trying to back into one was a bit tight for me. I held my breath. I got one channel over the air on batwing, it was a Canadian channel from Manitoba. Verizon Cell Phone and Verizon Cellular modem worked very well. This park also has a "primitive" camping area, but I didn't get to check that part out. In North Dakota, if you don't have the annual pass, you pay $25 for hookups. If you have the pass, it's only $20. Oh, one more minor issue. After I found a site, I had to walk a mile to the self registration, only to find there were no forms in the box. Had to flag down a ranger but got it done. I would love to give this park a 10 but the shared water faucets were just a bit inconvenient. We camped here in a Motorhome.
June 2011
The sites are somewhat short, thickly forested. Electric and water are nearby. Hiked on the trail, almost got lost, not well marked, and couldn't see the lake, just a few feet away for the brush. Overall good park. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Lake Metigoshe State Park