Nearby Hankinson, North Dakota (Air Miles)
Dakota Magic 16849 102Nd St. N.E. Hankinson Nd 58041 701-634-3000 (Located To Block)
Welcome Center
Dakota Magic Casino & Hotel
2013-11-21 01:47:40
Hankinson, North Dakota
October 2013

question  question  question  yes  question  question  question  no  question  no
question  question  question  question  question  question  question  no  question  no
October 2013
We used this RV park as an overnight. The park is less then 1/4 mi from the east side of the interstate. Use exit #1. The RV sites are located in the NW corner of the casino parking lot (paved) and the sites are easy to enter and there is no problem to maneuver. The RV sites are a mixture of pull through and back in and most are level although some have a slight slope. The pull through sites were approx 60' long and 10' wide with grass in between sites. Once you pick a site you go to the casino hotel lobby and give them your site number and pay the daily fee of $10 (taxes are additional - in Oct 2013 it was .76). Although WiFi is not available at the RV sites I was able to easily connect in the hotel lobby "hot spot" for free. We have stayed at this park once before and have found it very convenient. Come prepared as self contained units as no showers/toilets at RV sites. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Can't beat the price - and full hook ups. Unfortunately, the whole complex lost power at about 10:00pm. Their huge generator kicked in and supplied backup power to the casino and about half of the rooms. The RV site was black. So, we ended up essentially dry-camping. The generator kicked off and went quiet at about 3:00am, when power was restored. You pick your site and register at the front desk. We ate the buffet which had very good food, but very bad service. Nothing else around. Nice stop for the night. We would stay again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
We stayed here on Friday night in mid-July. It has been at least 10 years since we have stayed here and I did not really remember much about the facilities. The previous reviews paint a much rosier picture than what I experienced. It is true that you get a FHU pull-through site for just $10 but that is where the positives end. For just $10, I don't expect much more than FHU. There are no bath or shower facilities for the RVers. There is no cable TV or at site Wi-FiI. The big problem I had was how out of level almost every site was. The slants of the cement pads front to back and side to side were visible to the naked eye. If you do not have automatic levelers (even then, good luck) on your rig, you will need multiple boards to get anywhere near level. I doubt that I will stay here again unless I know I can get one of the few reasonably level sites. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Dakota Magic Casino & Hotel