Nearby Pick City, North Dakota (Air Miles)
Lewis & Clark Rv

8   9   10   8   9   8   10   8
yes  yes  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  yes
yes  yes  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  yes
May 2013
This is a very nice state park. I have been coming here for many years, and they keep the park very clean. It can get a bit noisy on busy weekends, but due to budget cuts, they are short staffed and will try to tend to the problem. The roads are all paved inside the park and the sites are gravel. The water is from the rural water system so it is very good water. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
August 2012
Another of North Dakota's great state parks. I was not sure how to answer the "waterfront" question. I stayed in the Van Hook Loop and I had a site where I could walk down a trail right down to the water as well as a "view" of the lake. I'm going to leave the answer at "no" but I'm going to say that at my site (#5 in Van Hook Loop) I have "better than a view" but not quite "waterfront." Although there isn't a lot of privacy between sites, there is good spacing between sites. You can eat on your picnic table without being in the next site's "back yard." Plenty of acreage at each site. If you don't have a satellite, you get great digital reception of networks and PBS TV channels over the air. Verizon Air Card had blazing speed at 3G. Verizon cell phone had good reception. Restrooms were very clean. And, as another reviewer posted, rangers/staff always running around doing something. In North Dakota, if you have the annual pass, you only pay $20. I had to pay $25. Had a very relaxing stay. We camped here in a Motorhome.
July 2012
Very nice state park. Our first state park visit in North Dakota and we are impressed. Park is really large with large RV spaces as well. Showers and restrooms some of the cleanest we have saw. Staff always out mowing and cleaning up. Rates are great. $17 for non electric and $20 for electric. Lots of things for the kids to do here also. They just built a new 5 stall dump station (free if staying at park). Park Rangers always driving around and friendly to talk to. Felt very safe. Lots of trees for shade and many spaces are on the lake. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Lake Sakakawea State Park