206669 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Amherst, Nova Scotia (Air Miles)
"Gateway Parklands Campground, 902) 667-1106 "
Fort Beausejour National

5   1   1   7   5
question  no  question  question  question
question  no  question  question  question
August 2011
This is a very basic park. The sites are long and wide. We were in very soft ground due to all the rain that they had. No amenities at all,but is a good base camp if you are sightseeing the area. We did take a quick trip to Joggins the afternoon we arrived and the next day to Springhill and Parrsboro. No Wi-Fi, but across the street is the visitors center with Wi-Fi. Access road could use some repair due to all the rain. The Manager was very helpful. We camped here in a Motorhome.
July 2011
We just spent over 3 months on the road, traveling through the northeast USA and into the Canadian Maritime. This was absolutely the worst campground of the trip. Restrooms you wouldn't take your dog to use. DO NOT stay in this campground. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
August 2009
Entrance to campground required passing under trees that had branches hanging down. That caused some scratches on paint. Park power was very low, (105 volts), which kept us from using microwave, or any high wattage appliances. This is an older campground, that is not kept up, and despite the passport rate, is one we will never use again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Gateway Parkland Campground

question  yes  yes  question  yes  question  yes  question  yes  question
question  yes  yes  question  yes  question  yes  question  yes  question
Nice, family-oriented park, but I was extremely disappointed with the park's electrical service. Before hooking up and with NO load from my motorhome, the pedestal voltage only read 114 volts. After trying to turn on one A/C unit, it dropped to 102 volts! Needless to say, I could not use any A/C even though it was over 90 degrees inside the motorhome. We did get the microwave to work with a strange sound; not sure how much damage I did to it. I probably should have gone back up to the office to complain, but I had already been up there to get another site since the initial one was way too short for my 45 ft. motorhome. The owners were not the least bit friendly and didn't seem to care--just going through the motions. Would I stay here again? No way! We camped here in a Motorhome.
June 2012
Very nice laid out park. Easy to get to off the trans Canada. No WiFi even near the transmitter. Bathrooms were fair to good enough, the park was pretty enough. Showers for 25 cents for 5 minutes were easy and efficient, 10 minutes was enough for us. Sites were quite tight, and without disconnecting, our truck stuck out into the lane about 3 feet or so. It would be ok for a destination campground with the pool and being kind of pretty. The seasonal camps occupy all of the lake front sites, but a small beach is accessible. Friendly management. We'd come back I guess, even for overnight. I guess I could recommend it. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
September 2011
I am not sure if it was because if it was after the long weekend or not, but this place as a steal for the price. The cable TV included co-ax and there were no additional charges. Nice park overlooking a lake. Highly recommended. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Loch Lomond Tent and Trailer Park