Nearby Lisbon, Ohio (Air Miles)
Fantasy Farm Amusement P

10   5   10   10   8
yes  yes  yes  yes  question
yes  yes  yes  yes  question
October 2010
Very nice park along a nice lake, we got one of several sites are right on the lake. There are 4 or 5 walk-in sites on the water. There are NO real trails to walk, but the park owns a 10 to 15 foot strip of land along the water and walking between the lake and private cottages is permitted. We walked about a mile and a half to the left toward the dam and saw some beautiful views. We camped here in a Motorhome.
July 2008
I made reservations over the internet, not seeing the campground prior. It's a very small campground and you practically park on top of one another. Our site was #29 which we had someone next to us on our awning side, but not on our back side with gave us a little space of our own. It's so compacted there, you must watch for kids on bikes coming from all directions while driving, backing, parking your rig. If you're going with other families and want to be close, this campground is perfect for you. If you're looking for privacy, not so the place. All sites can see the water, most are waterfront which is really nice - but this water is so brown, I wouldn't let my kids swim in it - although several families were. It's just my preference not to swim in water where I can't see my feet the first foot of walking. Restrooms we clean - no campstore to speak of and a grocery store is probably 10-15 miles away if you've forgot anything. I need just a tad bit more elbow room than this campground could give me, even if we only have a 16ft trailer. Not a bad place, just not for me. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
September 2005
This park was a pleasant surprise. Our plans got changed 2 days before the weekend, and I was able to get a #6 reserved online. Easy online reservation system. We arrived, check-in was easy at the office, and then went and set up. #6 is about 15 feet from Guilford Lake, and although this site is gorgeous, it is a little challenging for a rookie to back into. I understand this site is usually one of the first to go, and I can see why, because the view is great. We liked being under the pines, also. The facilities were extremely clean and well maintained. The volunteer camp host was helpful and always available. I'd say 1/2 of the sites were lakefront, and the other 1/2 were only a short distance away. All sites seemed level and had firepits. Drawbacks: no sewer or cable available, sites 1-6 are back against a permanent trailer park - not a big issue in September. Most spots were filled. We camped here in a Tent Trailer.
Display older reviews for Guilford Lake State Park
September 2012

no  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  no  yes
no  yes  question  question  question  yes  yes  yes  question  yes
September 2012
It's a nice park with long sites. And yes, no one camps in front or behind you but like the other reviewer said, they do camp close to you: that is true. Sites aren't metered anymore unless you're a seasonal camper. We've camped a lot of places and this place was the only campground where we'd been to in the past that charged for electric: must be why they changed that policy. We were here Labor Day weekend 2012 and the park was full. It was a rainy weekend, but even then the only "activity" was Bingo, and I understand each day only 4 people went to the pavilion and played. It wouldn't take much for the campground to purchase a Power Point projector for a couple hundred bucks, a lap top computer, and show movies in the evening down at the pavilion. The pool was open this weekend as was the game room, which yes, is more than most places have. But besides bingo, there were no other activities besides the above mentioned, and the Saturday afternoon fire truck ride around the loop for the kids. Would be nice to announce activities on a PA system and not rely on postings on the Gate House and bathroom doors. Everyone needs a reminder now and then. We noticed that the teenagers they have on staff here, have a rough time keeping up with cleaning the bathrooms. (Most all the staff were teenagers!) I've stayed at a near by state park several times and am a stickler about bathrooms. (Don't we all like clean ones?) But the State Parks employ older people who have cleaned a bathroom or 2 in their lives. I was in using the restroom on the Sunday afternoon of our visit and had to listen to the Manager yell at one of the new kids because the bathroom wasn't cleaned. 1) when guests are present, no employee should be talked to like their idiots, and 2) no employee should be spoken to like their idiots. The Manager knew I was here because I had to walk past her to get to the bathroom. It's a nice place and all, and we've tried to give it a chance a couple of times, but management needs to get it's act together. This weekend wasn't their first weekend of operation, but it sure seemed like it. We camped here in a Tent Trailer.
April 2012
Beautiful campground in interesting historic setting and surrounding area. However, at least half of the lots are severely sloped - we noted several units with unusually large amounts of blocking to raise the rear. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
July 2011
Nice park which advertises "where no one camps in front of you or behind you", but your neighbors are really close. They don't mention in their advertisements or on the telephone when making reservations, that you pay extra for the electric hookup because they are metered sites. You pay $0.18 per kwh, which made our four day stay cost an additional $14.00. There were many black snakes in the park, in fact we had to kill one (about four foot long) which was going into my sons tent. You must buy firewood from the park, because you could not bring your own in. Fishing is catch and release, and were very small. We stayed here because it was close to the Rogers flea market. I don't know why they call it a resort, because there were no "planned" activities. Bugs were a big problem in the evening. Don't know if we would stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Lock 30 Woodlands RV Resort