219095 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Newton Falls, Ohio (Air Miles)
Leisure Lake -5393 Sr 225
Newton Falls
Ridge Ranch Campground
2014-06-28 17:13:44
Newton Falls, Ohio

question  question  question  question  no  no  question  no  question  question
Arrived late and left early, due to tight travel plans. Lots of tall trees, very level grounds, gated. Didn't have a chance to meet staff, but they were super helpful over the phone. Tons of vintage playground equipment, a bit rough around the edges, but kids didn't mind. Swimming pond looked nice but we didn't have a chance to use. Easy pull thru sites. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Overall, a nice RV park in a pretty setting. Lots of seasonal campers, some with rigs that are not too pretty. No cable TV, but plenty of channels off the air. Horrible interior roads, so badly rutted and potholed that 5 mph was way too fast. Full hookups, but the overhead power wires were a bit low (we snagged our TV antenna on the line over our site). Friendly and helpful staff. Good place for an overnight stop on the road. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
August 2012
It was $400.00 for 30 days. We chose this park because it said that it has an off leash dog play area. We made reservations and were given a site number that we would be on. When we arrived we were told that we didn't have a reservation and the site number that we were given is not available. But they had other sites. Just before the lady in the office left for the day she called us. She calls everyone that is in the reservation book and has not arrived before they close the office. The site they put us on was full of water in the driveway. There were trees between our site and the site behind us so we had shade. After we got the trailer parked I parked my car in the spot next to us. I didn't want to walk in the water every time I had to use it. 2 days after we arrived the owner brought over 3 loads of gravel to help with the water and it did. When we were checking in I asked where the dog play area was. I was told "over there by those signs and the dogs can only swim in the area on the right before the noodles". I asked what if they get into the playground area and was told, "I don't know if it matters". Turns out the dog play area is in a bit of grass and water between 2 signs. There is a fence on the right between the lake and the road. Otherwise there is no fence to keep your dog in the right area. After we were told that we can not let our dogs out of this area between the signs we just took them to an off leash dog park about 30 minutes away. The dog walk area is a small area in front of some woods. You can't enter the woods because there is a water treatment plant there. There was a DJ on the weekends that played music until 12am on Friday and Saturday night. They had other activities too but we were not told about them. The park caters to their seasonal campers. The seasonal campers knew about the tie dye T-shirts and auctions and breakfasts that happened. I don't know how they knew because it was not posted in the office and we were never told anything about any of these activities. During the week it's a very quiet park. On the weekends it's a party place for the seasonal campers. The last week we were there our septic line backed up. It took 3 days to get it fixed. They said that they called someone to fix it and this is fine. The problem is that they never offered the honey wagon. We spent 3 days slowing dumping the tanks. Once we mentioned the honey wagon they had it at our site 30 minutes later. I just feel it should have been offered instead of having to ask for it. They did try to fix any problems that we had but not always to our satisfaction. We never once used the restrooms or showers and cannot comment on that. The site was pretty close to level and once the gravel was added at the front of the site it did not hold water. We would not stay here again for more than 1 or 2 nights because we pick places with off leash dog areas when we will be staying longer. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Ridge Ranch Campground