206609 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Pioneer, Ohio (Air Miles)
Rainbow Rv Sales
Pioneer, Ohio

8   8   2   1   1
yes  question  no  question  no
yes  question  no  question  no
Loved it! Large park with nice trees and lots of green space. Pool and small lake for fishing with a swimming area roped off. Some small cabins for rent, small store, separate snack shack, and two separate play areas for kids. Friendly staff and owners. Will come back for sure. We have a 45' RV and had plenty of room. They are upgrading their sites and putting in more 50 amp service. We camped here in a Motorhome.
June 2012
We chose this campground because it belongs to Passport America, so we only paid $13 per night plus tax. For us price is more important that amenities. But we liked this place because it was out of the way (about 5 miles from the interstate) and because it was so peaceful, though we did stay here during the week. Would have been nice to have a laundry. We camped here in a Motorhome.
August 2010
I read the reviews, but the newest was three years old and I figured the campground would have taken the comments seriously; they didn't. For a "family friendly" campground I found some of the other campers were pretty loud and foul-mouthed, especially one unit camped right next to the pool. The dad was yelling four letter words at his kids. They have a pond and an algae covered lagoon; so there were quite a few mosquitoes. I asked for a site with water and electric, and fairly close to the bathrooms (health problem). I got put in between two permanently parked RV's; on a site that had a recent beer party if the beer bottle caps all over the ground were any hint. We had to clean these up so no one would get cut. Plus, the whole site smelled of vomit; someone apparently couldn't handle their beer. The picnic table was a splinter-generating nightmare, with warped seats and top. We put our tent near the edge of a cornfield as far from the smell as possible but even then it wasn't far enough away. The bathrooms had two, locker-room style showers for each gender; the shower curtains didn't even cover the doorways. The shower stalls were filthy, mildewed and stank. The toilets (3 in each bathroom) had overflowed at some point, the water was still on the floor (it was there when we arrived, and still there the morning we left). There was only one sink for the bathroom, with faucets you had to hold to keep them on. "Laundry" consisted of one washer and one dryer in a dark shed. I didn't even go in. Nothing cold was sold in the store; their coolers were torn apart and in pieces. There weren't many foodstuffs available at all, I was glad we stocked up before we arrived (this place is in the boonies, the nearest store is several miles away). I noticed RV supplies were in short supply too, but they had plenty of campground t-shirts and sweatshirts. They did have a Snack Shop open our last night but my son had to wait 40 minutes for his "personal" 4-slice pizza. The only thing going for it was the staff seemed friendly enough. One lady went out of her way to be welcoming; but she was older and was probably taught manners early in life. We won't stay here again. We camped here in a Tent.
Display older reviews for Funny Farm Campgrounds

1   4   6   3
no  no  question  question
no  no  question  question
September 2011
I have stayed at a number of parks and this is the worst one ever. Check-in area was a cancer area with all the smoke. Restrooms were filthy. The whole park was a mess. I will not return. We camped here in a Motorhome.
September 2011
We camped here with a large group over Labor Day weekend. This park could use a lot of TLC. The pool was cleaned while we were here but still not real clean. We would not come here again. If it had not been a group we would not have come in the first place. The rest rooms had mold on the walls when the first ones arrived. Not good. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
June 2011
We camped here for one night in a self-contained motor home so we can't review many items. The park definitely caters to permanent or seasonal residents but there were quite a few pull through spaces available. The front desk personnel were very nice. We were given a great spot where our Direct TV worked and also had a decent Verizon mifi signal. The spot was pretty level also. It was very quiet at night. This campsite was not far off of I-80 and we drove to the supermarket in Pioneer which was about 3 miles away. Our rate reflects a Passport America discount. We would definitely camp here again when driving by. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Lazy River Camp Grounds