206564 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby St Marys, Ohio (Air Miles)
Grand Lake St Mary'S State Park
September 2012

yes  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes
yes  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes
September 2012
We paid $12.50 per night for their off season discount. Camp hosts were wonderful. They had inexpensive laundry facilities. Everything was clean and well kept. There was a dump station and potable water available. The only problem was that the lake was off limits for swimming due to alga pollution. We would stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
August 2012
Very nice park. Dump station has easy access, water supply is close to dump off road. Showers cleanliness make up for the lack of sewers at camp sites. Pull through camping sites are "bellied" down in center making leveling for a short motorhome a bit hard. Rate is special 50% off pricing due to low occupancy at present. We will return. We camped here in a Motorhome.
May 2012
I'm sure this is a great place for a family outing/weekend, but I have to point out (as an overnighter, just passing through): 1. Reservations fee $7.25? Really? Fee above reflects base camping fee. With reservation, it's $32.25. Too much for a park with only electric hookups. 2. Web site says there is an off-leash dog park. Nothing listed on map. 3. No warning until arrival that park has a no alcohol policy. Just would be nice to know. (You have to sit through all kinds of warnings about cancellations, etc. when you call for a reservation. You'd think this would be in the list.) 4. When you click on "Get Directions" on the web site's camping page, it gives you directions to the west end of the lake. The campground is on the east end. It's a big lake. Then when you call, the person may not even know how to give directions. 5. When the park is empty, why would someone assign an overnighter to a spot farthest from the lake? I guess I should've pulled up the map to pick my own spot, but I was on a poor Internet connection, so I relied on the phone reservations fellow's advice. Bad idea. Pick your own spot. 6. And when you do have a reservation, it'd be really great to move the heavy picnic table out of the site pad, so when tired travelers arrive in the evening, they don't have to do the heavy lifting themselves. Harumph. End of rant. Think I'll put on my shoes and go for a walk. It IS pretty here. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Grand Lake St Marys State Park