220584 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Streetsboro, Ohio (Air Miles)
9440 State Rte 14
Kent State University A
Kamper City
3520 Hudson Dr
Triple Crown
Wal-Marti-271:19 8160 Macedonia Commons (Located To Block)
7235 Market Place Dr
2600 State Rte 59
Boston Mills - Brandywine
Sams Club 1189 Buchholzer (Located To Street)
The Golden Dragon
Art'S Place
Hiram College
Blossom Music Center
Northfield Park Race Tra
Sams Club?I-271:23 23300 Broadway Ave (Located To Block)
Countryside Cg
The Diamond Grill
Goodyear World Of Rubber
Quaker Square
University Of Akron Main
Sams Club 3750-J W Market St (Located To Street)
Akron Zoological Park
Streetsboro
Streetsboro / Cleveland SE KOA
2014-09-02 15:03:33
Streetsboro, Ohio

yes  no  yes  question  question  question  yes  yes  question  question
question  question  yes  question  question  question  yes  yes  question  question
Staff is very nice, friendly and helpful. Most sites are close together - typical for a KOA. Nice, newer pool. A lot of trees, so forget about satellite. They do have have cable, although the cable is actually just a feed off of their satellite (DirecTV). The signal is weak and out of the 56 or so channels being fed, many are snowy and weak and unable to be watched. Many of the sites we saw were very un-level, resulting in the front wheels of many of the rigs being off the ground. Our particular site was not bad. Water pressure was good, although occasionally it did go down to almost nothing for very short periods of time. No problem with the 50 amp power. We would likely return if coming back to the area. We camped here in a Motorhome.
First of all this KOA is over 30 miles from Cleveland so I am wondering why they have Cleveland in their name. The park has narrow gravel/rock roads. We had a back-in site that had small rocks that pushed around when backing the trailer into the site. We got it fairly level and that was good enough since we were only here for 1 night. Water pressure was good but on the electric my EMS showed 113 volts on line 1 and 110 volts on line 2 on the 50 amp plug before I even plugged the trailer in. It seemed to work OK and the EMS didn’t shut us down but that is marginal voltage. Cable TV worked OK so we didn’t put up the satellite dish. I couldn’t connect to their Wi-Fi so we just used our MiFi. Dog park is way in the back of the park, like ¼ mile from our site. Lots of family camping here with lots of kids. There is a Shell station about 3 miles up the road and lots of eating places. The site slopes so bad that someone had put a piece of firewood on one side of the picnic table to level it. Half of the sites in the park are seasonal so they are catered to the most. We would have no reason to come back to this area. Just another overpriced and undervalued KOA. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Not happy for two main reasons. First, most sites in the long term section are very unlevel. My RV is only 27', and I had to walk to six different sites before finding one that would work. Even then, my front wheels left the ground once I put my jacks down. Secondly, even though the website says they have cable, and I confirmed it when I made my reservation, it is not available in long term sites. I travel most of the year for work and always ask about cable and internet. Also, most of the staff is very young. While very pleasant, most of them could not answer a question or actually solve a problem without radioing for help. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Streetsboro / Cleveland SE KOA
2004

yes  question
yes  question
2004
I stayed at Mar-lynn the opening weekend of 2004. The owners couldn't be nicer. They did everything that could be done to make my stay comfortable. The seasonal campers were friendly and helpful. There is plenty to do in and around the campground. There is some traffic noise but it is minimal. I will be staying there several times this season. We camped here in a Tent Trailer.
2002
Nice park but overpriced due to its proximity to Six Flags. Only stayed overnight so did not get to check out the facilities and rate them but based on the condition of rest of the park I would guess them to be clean. Park has some truck noise due to the proximity of I-80 (Ohio Turnpike), plus some tent campers for the Memorial Day weekend were a little loud. We camped here in a camper.

yes  question  question  question  yes  yes  yes  question  question  yes
yes  question  question  question  question  yes  yes  question  question  yes
I agree with previous reviews. This is not the greatest of places. That the bathrooms and showers were very clean is the best the park has to offer. The interior roads are abysmal, with many potholes and rough areas. Only four sites with sewers. The staff was very friendly and helpful but that cannot overshadow the condition of the sites and the interior roads. This is primarily a place for long term usage. We would not stay again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Big old family campground with small lake for swimming, all seasonals with a few overnight sites (only 4 with sewer), only few sites clear for roof satellite. Roads un-graded gravel, pot-holed, narrow, hilly. No ability to dump unless use $12 pump-out truck. Their dump site was a long way down through the park down a narrow winding over-grown pot-holed road - it would have been a harrowing experience for our 36' motorhome. Not worth the cost when add in pump-out charge. Plus extra daily per person cost if more than 2 people. We did not stay. Guess people like it for the swimming?? We camped here in a Motorhome.
June 2011
Site was OK but park is strange. There are some very nice areas but you walk down the hill and there are a lot of seasonal places that are getting quite decrepit. A big reason for the low rating is that they don't allow you to walk your dog in the park. You must transport it to a field near the front of the park. This seems to be so even though many sites are for seasonals and evidently permanent people who have dogs that bark when you walk by or are even off leash. Also the roads are in really bad shape--once were oiled, now pot holed with all different kinds of gravel filling in here and there. They also charge you $5 extra a night for a sewer hook-up. I would find another campground next time we are passing through. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Woodside Lake Park